1234Next
Return to list New
Open the left

Patience is at an end

[Copy link]
opticum Post time 2016-08-23 17:24:21 | Show all posts |Read mode
Month I waited patiently for the firmware update to correct fundamental errors such as dropouts mobile signal, poor battery life and poor quality photographs. Still waiting, but without results. Verney only promises for a week, during 15 days and still just crap.
My patience is at an end. I'll do a video review on this phone. Reviews will be negative. peprmint.eu not recommend users to buy this phone if not corrected major flaws that reduce the usability of the phone to a minimum.
Likewise, I have to write negative rating and warn the user before buying and other Czech sites.  Support vernee stuck? I'll wait until the end of the week, then I have fulfilled what I wrote above.
I'm sorry Verney, but otherwise it will not work if the phone remains unusable. What other users who have unresolved issues with your phone will advise on their forums about problems with apollo lite and warnings before purchase?

Please excuse my bad English.
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

Author| opticum Post time 2016-09-02 19:02:33 | Show all posts
Here's my problem with the video signal. His failures.

Dropouts Verney Apollo Lite
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

JaMonCeTe Post time 2016-09-02 15:14:05 | Show all posts
"People buy a phone with at least one thing assumed, that is, it will make and receive calls, which makes this bug/issue or whatever they want to call it, a major, dramatic one. It converts this equipment into a very small and expensive tablet."
+100000000
"Money that the big brands can spend on testing/QA and Vernee can not."
+100000000
"That said, I need the phone for work, it is starting to be a major concern to me, not being able to make and/or receive all calls."
Same here, again +100000000
At the end of the day, I have the feeling it is my fault, never again with a company with just one phone into the market.
I can assume issues in the camera, BT, etc, it is fine and can be solve, but missing calls in a phone...

Thanks that I still have my Nexus 5

Best regards.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| opticum Post time 2016-09-02 14:39:57 | Show all posts
Edited by opticum at 2016-09-02 19:00

I expected that after the second OTA will repair known and especially serious problems. But it did not happen. The phone still has a mobile signal outages. (Red line point)

The phone will not succeed in returning to the network. Usually I have to switch to airplane mode and back. Then the phone returns to the signal.
The problems are still the same. And even though I did a clean install firmware P10 and 2 OTA update.

Improving battery SOT.

The camera, however, not have the possibility of recording 4K video. This property is presented as an advantage apollo lite. Why was removed and not repaired? The camera shoots video into 3GP format. Why?

Pictures seem to be no improvement. Photographed by apollo stock lite camera. Automatic setting.

The big problem is cracks on the frame around the screen! What the fuck is to be ?!

Cracks have black and white version.

Faithfully promised to release the source code. Where are they? Community developers can make better software than a phone Vernee.

Overall disappointment from the phone. I can not recommend to buy the phone for new customers. The problems are too serious!

Comments

Well, according to your screenshot for battery drain, you are getting about 10 hours of battery life, and that seems fine to me. There is nothing magical about the percentages of battery used. You bat  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-06 11:36
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| opticum Post time 2016-08-31 00:30:48 | Show all posts
Edited by opticum at 2016-08-31 00:33

The problem with fall still a signal! OTA does not solve anything. This means faulty hardware. The phone is the first batch. Verney knew that giving into selling faulty hardware? There not are controls for quality before shipping to dealers ?!This is desperate. I'm pissed.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| opticum Post time 2016-08-27 15:09:10 | Show all posts
Yes, believe it. God also never seen and yet believe in him millions.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

ydobemos Post time 2016-08-29 14:58:33 | Show all posts
opticum replied at 2016-08-29 11:44
The week is gone. Where's the update? We'll wait another week or month or repair will never be?

Now you are just being dramatic - it's barely Monday and from different official sources it's been said the update is coming this week (some of those sources saying Monday). We'll see how it goes, but it seems a little early to shout "broken promises!".
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Author| opticum Post time 2016-08-29 11:44:02 | Show all posts
The week is gone. Where's the update? We'll wait another week or month or repair will never be?

Comments

http://bbs.vernee.cc/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1111&extra=page%3D1&mobile=2  Details Reply Post time 2016-08-29 19:13
Now you are just being dramatic - it's barely Monday and from different official sources it's been said the update is coming this week (some of those sources saying Monday). We'll see how it goes, but  Details Reply Post time 2016-08-29 14:58
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| opticum Post time 2016-08-26 13:34:57 | Show all posts
We are almost at the end of the week. It is still not released update. Still only promises a week.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| opticum Post time 2016-08-24 23:18:03 | Show all posts
These are just promises. Verney said 5 days ago that the update will be in a week. Week has 7 days. And today announces that it will update within 5 days? Is this a joke?
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

MrE Post time 2016-08-23 18:26:22 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
You have my condolences and support sir!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

megthebest Post time 2016-08-23 17:57:16 | Show all posts
Hi,
probably you have a faulty Apollo Lite.
i'm using Apollo Lite in Italy from yesterday and i don't have such issues.
BAttery performance is good enough, about 4 hours of screen on time ir really good for the hardware.
Photo are not bad as described; latest OTA improve quality and it will be better in the next updates.
Mobile Signal in my case seems to be average, no dropouts during the day (i have only 1 sim).
I think you can check it better and if there is an hardware fault, please contact seller for repair/change.
p.s. Vernee .. not Verney

Regards
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

ydobemos Post time 2016-08-23 19:16:51 | Show all posts
I can understand your frustration, I also cannot wait for the OTA hoping that it will fix most of the problems we have. Since there's pretty good 4G coverage here it's less about critical fixes and more about quality of life improvements like the camera and battery.

It has been said that their parent company has been producing OEM phones for a while, which makes sense as I have to say the hardware is tight, most problems are software (well, those with loose buttons might disagree here). They probably have a pretty young team lacking experience which would explain the initial bugs and the time it's taking to bring out a fix.

I discovered that their camera only uses about 75% of the sensor for the images and then upscales that - that seems like a pretty amateurish mistake. But at the same time everything is quite fast, other important things like Wifi and GPS work pretty great here as well.

So I'm generally hopeful that they can make this phone fullfill its potential - whether by figuring things out themselves or by getting people with more experience or being more open with the community. Waiting is tough, but there's not much else we can do...
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

JaMonCeTe Post time 2016-08-23 20:18:53 | Show all posts
Hello,

My patient goes down fast too...

My concern is about the call issues (I can't do any call from my Lite and almost all the calls are missing, however the phone works pretty fine to use over a WiFi, using 4G data, lost connection almost every 5 minutes... ) are related to hardware and not the software.
If it strange that some phones work "fine"
I'm in the middle of the process to return the phone to GearBeast, actually the phone is impossible to use as main phone.
Maybe is my fault to purchase a phone from a company with just one phone in the market...
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

fabio Post time 2016-08-23 21:09:31 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Bad Company they said me OTA in One week now i have 200 euro smartphone useless!!! I'm agree with opticus
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

xidoc Post time 2016-08-24 04:16:19 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by xidoc at 2016-08-24 04:23

I received my apollo lite yesterday and I found that it's a good smartphone. But my battery discharge rapidly and he is hot. I don't understand. I want believe that the next update will resolve battery and temperature and connection data (connection 3g, 4g no problem). The update for the Thor resolve this problems. Why not for the lite.
I hope the lite has only problems software and not material.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

MrE Post time 2016-08-24 04:23:31 | Show all posts
Let's just hope that Vernee can work wonders with OTA's

Comments

Maybe the vernee team worked only on the OTA of Thor. Now I think the team work for the Lite.  Details Reply Post time 2016-08-24 04:28
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

xidoc Post time 2016-08-24 04:28:31 | Show all posts
MrE replied at 2016-08-24 04:23
Let's just hope that Vernee can work wonders with OTA's

Maybe the vernee team worked only on the OTA of  Thor. Now I think the team work for the Lite.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

MrE Post time 2016-08-24 06:44:39 | Show all posts
Yessss, they're working on the Apollo Lite!!!!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules