Open the left

Strange folders full of logs on phone - anyone else have this?

[Copy link]
Regnodulous Post time 2016-08-29 17:42:41 From the mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello. I've noticed that on the root of the phone storage I have two folders called "shading" and "shading_otp". They are full of strange log file that start with the word "sensor_1". I tried deleting them and they got recreated and starting filling up again. I just wondered what they are? Does anyone else have these? Thanks
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

opticum Post time 2016-08-29 22:18:42 | Show all posts
Also, it may be collecting data without the user's knowledge.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

ydobemos Post time 2016-08-29 18:11:22 | Show all posts
Yeah, I have these as well. Deleted them now and trying to figure out what creates them. Sounds like camera, but I took some pictures and nothing showed up. Neither did using the fingerprint scanner (which could also be a "sensor").

Ok, they are created on startup:

.audio_param
mtklog
shading
shading_otp

Guess they may have rushed their OTAs a bit and left some debug logging on. Gotta see what the upcoming update changes.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Regnodulous Post time 2016-08-29 18:15:35 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Thanks for working that out. I assumed it was some sort of debugging but couldn't work out what was causing it. Appreciate the response and at least i know I'm not alone ha hah. Cheers and yes good idea let's wait for the ota.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

ydobemos Post time 2016-08-29 22:33:19 | Show all posts
opticum replied at 2016-08-29 22:18
Also, it may be collecting data without the user's knowledge.

I get that you are joking, but in case someone thinks this is the case - at least in these folders there are only what looks like hex dumps with names like: sensor_1_align_cap_0_17x17_4608x3456.log

So it looks very much like some camera related logging. Doesn't prove someone isn't spying, of course, but at least not blatantly

Actually I have to say having a basically clean Android on a Chinese phone is a big advantage that many people who directly compare hardware fail to address. Not dealing with hard-coded weird keyboards, optimization apps, all sorts of alternative play markets and what not is pretty great.

Now back to our wait for the big fix update
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

jazz23 Post time 2018-09-10 03:35:19 | Show all posts
So it has been now the way to get the credit card number generator here which is so useful for us to know about the credit cards online.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules