123Next
Return to list New
Open the left

Wrong aperture in camera. Bad quality.

[Copy link]
Pmzaq Post time 2016-09-03 17:30:04 From the mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello. I've seen that when I take a photo with Apollo Lite, the aperture is always 2.2 and not 2.0, how is supposed to be in Apollo (remind that 2.0 is better in a smartphone).  I've tried stock camera, camera mx, camera Fv5 and always the same. Please, could you tell me why? Is a bug of the camera? Something in the hardware is wrong? Please find attached a photo of interface of camera Fv5 and a screens hot of exif data of a photo with stock camera.
Besides of this, quality is very poor most of the times, so please take a look to the camera because the hardware is not bad and we should get better results.
Waiting for your answer, Vernee team. Thanks.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

MrE Post time 2016-09-03 17:35:24 | Show all posts
It also appears they are interpolating up from a lower resolution to get 16mp 16:9 photos, instead of allowing us to choose the actual 4:3 16mp resolution. If it actually even is the Samsung sensor they advertise..
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

skl Post time 2016-09-03 22:52:29 | Show all posts
Need fix on camera and battery usage kernel  wakelocks....
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Pmzaq Post time 2016-09-05 23:14:43 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Still waiting an answer from Vernee. Is a bug? Problem with hardware?
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

scot Post time 2016-09-11 16:56:27 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Same here, aperture is always f2.2 . Either hardware info is wrong (bug) or camera module is other than the advertised f2.0.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Pmzaq Post time 2016-09-11 21:13:58 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I hope that the problem is some kind of bug or problem with the software. If camera is other than the advertise 2.0 would be very serious and a reason for a refund from Vernee. Personally, I'm waiting for 3rd Ota, which still don't have any date to be launched, and we'll see.. I hope all of this problem be solved. Never seen a phone with so many problems I'm such a great hardware (theoretically...)
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

scot Post time 2016-09-12 05:45:03 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I don't have high expectations. The photos seems as interpolated 8mp to 16mp. There is no detail if you zoom and we are talking about 16mp...
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

ydobemos Post time 2016-09-12 15:17:57 | Show all posts
scot replied at 2016-09-12 05:45
I don't have high expectations. The photos seems as interpolated 8mp to 16mp. There is no detail if  ...

If you take 16:9 photos at "16MP" then they are interpolated (no idea why, but I guess to have "16MP" in the default camera mode which is pretty silly) by ~17% from the middle part of the 4:3 sensor. The sensor itself is 16MP - you can test this in the Engineering Mode by taking some RAW photos. The size is 3456x4608, which is about 16MP.

Also the RAW images are pretty decent, especially from the front camera. So they can improve the camera in software and hopefully they will.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

scot Post time 2016-09-12 17:09:19 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I have a canon dslr (600D) and the 8mp photos (normal the sesnsor is 18mp) are far far better  in details when zooming than the apollo's  16mp (in perfect light conditions). I know that we can't compare dslr with mobile phone but this samsung 16mp sensor is only for marketing purposes. Especially the human faces seems like plastic dolls. I see only artifacts and noise when zooming. Very disappointed, my old xiaomi mi4 is taking way better photos! Lets hope for some minor improvements in next updates and addition of full manual settings (shutter speed).

Comments

A dslr camera sensor is bigger, you should know that ;) I hope they're gonna improve camera settings and pictures management. Btw, is it possible to take raw photos?  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-12 21:56
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Gothic74 Post time 2016-09-12 21:56:05 | Show all posts
scot replied at 2016-09-12 17:09
I have a canon dslr (600D) and the 8mp photos (normal the sesnsor is 18mp) are far far better  in de ...

A dslr camera sensor is bigger, you should know that ;)
I hope they're gonna improve camera settings and pictures management.
Btw, is it possible to take raw photos?
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules