Open the left

Wrong aperture in camera. Bad quality.

[Copy link]
ydobemos Post time 2016-09-12 22:28:08 | Show all posts
Gothic74 replied at 2016-09-12 21:56
A dslr camera sensor is bigger, you should know that ;)
I hope they're gonna improve camera setti ...

You can take RAW photos through the engineering menu, no other way - unless they add Camera 2 API support (which would be very welcome). The RAW files in the engineering menu are in a pretty weird format and so far only IrfanView's flexible RAW importer manages to open them.

It's almost impossible to get decent color from them, but the dynamic range is much better than the JPEGs we get from the camera by default. So there's hope for the camera, it just needs work.
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Gothic74 Post time 2016-09-13 04:09:43 | Show all posts
Thank you, i was trying with snapseed but no luck. I'm gonna try with IrfanView.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

scot Post time 2016-09-13 04:12:07 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Is there any way of verifying the real camera aperture? (without disassembling the device)
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Ninoslav Post time 2016-09-13 05:45:12 | Show all posts
Mars and Apollo?

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

ydobemos Post time 2016-09-13 14:22:13 | Show all posts
Gothic74 replied at 2016-09-13 04:09
Thank you, i was trying with snapseed but no luck. I'm gonna try with IrfanView.

You can use these settings for RAWs from the front camera (make sure you set the image size correctly):

For rear camera it's the same, but for me it crashes if Bayer pattern is enabled - so only grayscale images work. But you still get a decent idea of the sharpness and dynamic range the camera can produce.

x

Comments

Ok, thank you!  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-13 15:35
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Gothic74 Post time 2016-09-13 15:35:43 | Show all posts
ydobemos replied at 2016-09-13 14:22
You can use these settings for RAWs from the front camera (make sure you set the image size correc ...

Ok, thank you!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Gothic74 Post time 2016-09-13 19:05:14 | Show all posts
I think there's a problem, that's what i get

x
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

ydobemos Post time 2016-09-13 19:54:42 | Show all posts
Gothic74 replied at 2016-09-13 19:05
I think there's a problem, that's what i get

You must have missed some setting - here are the settings that work for rear camera RAW files:
No color (you can try Bayer pattern of GB - it crashes for me, but maybe there's not enough resources or something), so you get something like this:

with some adjustments we can get here:

as compared to the JPEG from the camera:

Actually when seeing how grainy the initial image is I have to say their processing is pretty decent - but it does blow out the highlights. And I would prefer a little more noise for a more photographic look with a sharper feel.

x

Comments

Second option you gave me worked, thank you I hope they'll add the api camera and more options, that would be great!  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-13 21:05
Second option you gave me worked, thank you I hope they'll add the api camera and more options, that would be great!  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-13 21:02
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Gothic74 Post time 2016-09-13 21:02:50 | Show all posts
ydobemos replied at 2016-09-13 19:54
You must have missed some setting - here are the settings that work for rear camera RAW files:
N ...

Second option you gave me worked, thank you I hope they'll add the api camera and more options, that would be great!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Gothic74 Post time 2016-09-13 21:05:27 | Show all posts
ydobemos replied at 2016-09-13 19:54
N ...

Second option you gave me worked, thank you I hope they'll add the api camera and more options, that would be great!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules