1234Next
Return to list New
Open the left

Still huge 2g/3g/4g and wifi issues - I am done, returning my device.

[Copy link]
Brainbread Post time 2016-09-12 19:39:14 | Show all posts |Read mode
After the 2nd OTA update I could actually make a phone call or send a text.. Yay, I finally got a functioning phone right? Well, wrong! The signal is still not stable enough, like barely at all. Keeps randomly switching between 4g, 3g and 2g. Making a phone call or browsing a webpage is pretty much impossible while in a slow moving car or even when walking. My wifi keeps dropping and losing signal EVEN WHEN I'M DIRECTLY NEXT TO MY ROUTER making loading videos or browsing pretty much impossible, also making this the most annoying experience I've ever had with a smartphone. I don't give a shit about the camera not working at it's full potential or the battery life not being as good as it should be, maybe you should actually focus on making sure we can actually use the phone for, you know, basic phone things like calling, texting and browsing.

Honestly, I've been patient enough. I am done with this phone (returning it asap) and I am done with your company. Vernee Mars?! Really? You're thinking about releasing a new phone when the last one you released isn't even close to functioning properly?

For the people out there looking to buy this phone, just simply DON'T. You'll save yourself a huge headache. This phone is shit, this company is shit. If you're looking for a phone with this kind of raw power, just spend a couple of bucks more on a better brand because otherwise you're just better of with a tablet that doesn't have a SIM-slot since you can't call or text anyways.
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

scot Post time 2016-09-12 20:03:33 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
+1. Although in my case i don't have problems with the basic phone functions (everything is good 3g, 4g, wifi), this phone was pushed to the market earlier than it should. The only thing vernee can do is a partial refund to first batch buyers and fixing of course all the problems in next batches. Cracks in bezels, rattling buttons, no working speakers are common hardware problems in firts batches based on user reports (mine has rattling buttons only). Camera is one of the worst in this price range but maybe it will improve (i don't think so).   Long story short: i will not recommend this phone to anyone ...

Comments

I think at this stage they should open this system up to 3rd party developers, ie. Cyanogen and others. With the Vernee Thor I think they had it a little easier being a well rounded, well used 6753 ch  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-12 22:58
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

trackzz Post time 2016-09-12 22:43:53 | Show all posts
i too have 3G /NETWORK PROBLEMS   ..WHAT A WAIST
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

sonik777 Post time 2016-09-12 22:58:17 | Show all posts
scot replied at 2016-09-12 20:03
+1. Although in my case i don't have problems with the basic phone functions (everything is good 3g, ...

I think at this stage they should open this system up to 3rd party developers, ie. Cyanogen and others. With the Vernee Thor I think they had it a little easier being a well rounded, well used 6753 chipset, sorting out the teething troubles wasn't that big a deal. My wife uses the Thor and its a great little phone as for my Apollo Lite, well thats another story.  Hardware wise I've the rattle in the buttons but I think internally I've got a good phone. OTA2 sorted the signal problems but in turn brought battery issues. Vernee seem to be grasping at straws on how to control/configure the 6797 chipset and I think its time to let others have a go!

A few weeks back support @ vernee contacted me to ask about some old issue I had with the Thor ( problem has gone since two ota's back ) I was surprised to hear from them, they wanted some MTK log data and version of the Thor's OS. I sent them the OS version but told them the problem had gone then I decided to mention the Apollo Lite and was there any news, any sign of a third OTA, any sign of releasing the kernel for 3rd party wizards to work on. I got a nice email back from them saying Thanks for the data, not a dickybird of a mention of my Apollo Lite in the reply.

I'm hoping they are working on it, and not just the presale of Mars or Apollo or whatevers next. I'm disappointed but there is still a way out, give us the source code Vernee! There are plenty of people out there that will create a bullet proof ROM that will answer all our prayers!!!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

reahou Post time 2016-09-12 23:43:21 | Show all posts
Hi every body,
After the 2nd OTA update,my phone still bug 2G,3G, and 4G
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Pmzaq Post time 2016-09-13 00:43:44 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
My phone is working properly 99%of times, but the other 1% I lost 3g without no reason. I need to switch on the airplane mode, and it's really annoying. Besides of this, camera is shit, battery is drained sometimes, original tempered glass is awful.. So much problems, Im disappointed with the phone, I regret not buying a xiaomi. I'm still waiting for some improvements, but soon I will run out of patience. Regards
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Greatkalimoxo Post time 2016-09-13 06:18:54 | Show all posts
this product is a playskool toy for children ! no signal ! plastic drawers for sim and sd cards shake like maracas ! really hot after 5 min playing movie ... battery always drained ! returning my phone tomorrow morning  

Comments

Please check if your device udpated to the latest OTA version , if not , please update accordingly.  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-13 15:21
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

trackzz Post time 2016-09-13 06:40:13 | Show all posts
same here the phone is crap ,2G 3G like shit!!

Comments

Please check if your device udpated to the latest OTA version , if not , please update accordingly.  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-13 15:21
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Regnodulous Post time 2016-09-13 07:07:01 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Just something to try. Open your dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#* then from the menu (top right) select "select radio band" try changing between automatic and euro. See if it makes a difference. Also try setting the preferred network type (down the page a bit) to wcdma preffered. Let me know if this makes any difference for you. Thanks
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Regnodulous Post time 2016-09-13 07:14:36 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
You can also try setting it to lte/gsm. Avoid CDMA unless you are in the states I think. Would be very interested to know if this improves things for anyone. A reboot after settings change might also be a good idea.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules