12Next
Return to list New
Open the left

Where is OTA n.3 ?

[Copy link]
Relief66 Post time 2016-09-17 16:27:49 | Show all posts |Read mode
If I understand it, it seemed to me that within the first fifteen days of September 2016 was to release a new OTA that solved some of the problems still outstanding, bugs and poor quality of camera, video in 4k,  double tap and other gesture, battery drain, high temperature on rapid charging and other.
Do you have any news on this?
Thank you
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

ЯazoR Post time 2016-09-22 15:14:11 | Show all posts
fabio replied at 2016-09-21 21:12
Problems 2g 3g again only under 4g smartphone work well!!! Vernee is bad Company i Will never buy th ...

The phones I had before never ever received even a single FOTA, nor any kind of OS update. Compared to this Vernee is much better in price/value ratio even if some things do not work as expected. They have released 2 FOTAs so far, and have been helpful in case I contacted them. I do not see this as ignoring customers, and even if I have some issues too (my fingerprint reader is not really working) I'm confident that they eventually will fix it.

Also don't think for a second that for other companies and higher priced "more upper class" phones everything is sugar coated and whatever. Before buying this phone I went to my local network operator and other stores to fool around with the current selection of smartphones. OC retailers mainly have only the major brands here in Hungary, but apart from the LG G5 I didn't find anything I liked and that was for more than twice the price...
Device:                  Apollo Lite
Custom build:       Apollo_Lite_20170118
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

r0n Post time 2016-09-22 18:49:55 | Show all posts
@Schokobecher

Please with all do respect, don't assume to know what I understand and what I don't understand about software development.
(I have done this myself). And nobody knows how ROM development is done within Vernee.

And by your argument examples that Asus and Samsung have long delayed Nougat deployment I could give the example of UMI that gives a Nougat upgrade to it's latest 3 models, proving that a none huge player can provide a Nougat upgrade.

And on the question: why should they provide Nougat:
- For one they promised to open sources, which naturally leads to Nougat.
- How about brand establishment
- How about customer attachment
- How about the image you try to reflect of being different, which Vernee supposedly want's to
- How about plain service
- You say they are startup for christ sake, this makes your first batch of users VERY IMPORTANT for your future brand existance...thus making it critical that you don't alienate your fragile first/beginning userbase....that alone should be reason enough to upgrade.
- Another one for you, in stead of squashing bugs directly maybe by going for Nougat you might squash some bugs that you wanted to solve by some seperate OTA. (In all fairness, it could introduce some new bugs). But you would also do some customer satisfaction by applying the Nougat upgrade.

I can understand when a device is to old for a company to invest resources in it to upgrade (even if technically possible).
But the release of the Apollo Lite and Nougat are about 6 months(?) apart.

So this small company with their 200$ budget device should go all in so a few people can enjoy the novelty of Nougat?

And here we go again, Vernee can not use this argument.
- Vernee held a fancy party on the 20th showing their upcomming devices (see faceboolk)...small company may... *ss, if they where small they would not have the time and resources for that. In stead of putting time and resources in bug squashing and Nougat they already went for the upcomming devices.
- Release of nougat and Vernee lite is about 6 months apart as a company you know users will ask for this, Nougat did not suddenly fell out of the sky....
- Just look at the major issues flooding the forums (and facebook). A nougat release might squash some major bugs (battery drain for one should be tackled in the latest android release).

All this aside, a simple message from Vernee acknowledging the users wish for nougat and stating what they can do within their capabilities would go a long way.
The way they communicate now to their userbase is almost laughable.

If you want us to understand that Vernee is small:
- Don't promise for sources to be free
- Don't try to porrtay an image that you want to be different (transparent, open, ....)
- Communicate cleary to your userbase (you don't have to react on each users fart, communicate the major issues and major requests clearly within your capabilities and timely.
- As a small startup do not go have a major release party in a hotel with all the bells an whistles while your first batch of users are having major issues and a major OS release wish is requested from your FIRST userbase.

And Vernee should seriously reconsider on how they moderate the forums, it's real mess right know.
- Complaints and issues in the wrong section.
- Questions asked multiple times
- No sticky's
- No direction from Vernee

You wanna know what a real startup which takes risks and put's all on the line (and not being perfect):
https://www.kickstarter.com/proj ... ator?ref=nav_search
(If they can pull this off....wow...).
Vernee should talk to these guys on how to communicate, the developer is also from a none-English country (Spain).
Yet he was pinned down on some "mistakes" he made on how he presented his project (comment section), but by communicating correctly he regained a lot of trust. These guys are a real startup taking a huge risk. (promising an multi-OS none-programming app creation platform with a lifetime license). I know that Vernee covers a different area, but this is about showing what you should expect from a startup and how it should behave/communicate.

Comments

Good .......  Post time 2016-09-23 02:37
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

sonik777 Post time 2016-09-19 17:51:35 | Show all posts
Last OTA for Apollo Lite was 29/08/2016. It fixed 2G / 3G Network for some including myself but left the following;

Poor quality camera
No 4k
no double tap or gestures
high temp on rapid charging and gaming
ridiculously high battery drain ( i'm charging once/twice a day )

Comments

for me not really fixed 2g 3g network  Post time 2016-09-20 16:56
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

trackzz Post time 2016-09-18 06:16:05 | Show all posts
FIX THE ISSUES FIRST!!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

opticum Post time 2016-09-18 05:14:00 | Show all posts
No need nougat. First, you need a working phone with android mm.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

weinert1 Post time 2016-09-17 22:23:08 | Show all posts
Is Vernee Apollo Lite will receive Android 7.0 Nougat. Nowhere I did not find any information on this subject.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Alxz0ne Post time 2016-09-18 06:35:44 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Why fix issues now if new os is on its way? New OS new issues lol so give us Android 7 and lets fix issues from there :-)
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

fabio Post time 2016-09-22 04:12:46 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Problems 2g 3g again only under 4g smartphone work well!!! Vernee is bad Company i Will never buy this smartphone again!!! I Will say all people don't buy vernee products!!!!  Long time from last FOTA never thrust!!!!! Bad bad Company

Comments

The phones I had before never ever received even a single FOTA, nor any kind of OS update. Compared to this Vernee is much better in price/value ratio even if some things do not work as expected. They  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-22 15:14
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

sacrim Post time 2016-09-22 07:33:39 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
No way for android 7 i think this year nothing
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

sacrim Post time 2016-09-22 07:35:49 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by sacrim at 2016-09-22 07:37

Nothing android 7 i seen on facebook vernee info
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

fabio Post time 2016-09-22 13:35:38 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
How it Can possible? Thor have nougat and vernee Apollo lite nothing? Sure they Will close Company if they Will not support their devices!!!!! Customers are clever!!!!!!

Comments

r0n
@ЯazoR It's the fact that Vernee seems to hold off nougat while an outside party was able to port nougat successfully. If Vernee would let us know that they are actually working on Nougat and could  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-22 16:03
Please note, that Thor only has an unofficial Android Nougat so far which is something entirely different from an official release!  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-22 15:15
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules