12Next
Return to list New
Open the left

OTG problem

[Copy link]
kangoo Post time 2016-09-25 03:34:18 | Show all posts |Read mode
I tried to use an usb stick but Apollo Lite could not recognize it.
is it possible that Apollo Lite couldn't handle OTG? It was formatted exFAT/FAT32.
I couldn't find any menu items also to set it or switch on.

(Latest OTA is applied)

Any idea?
Thanks!
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

Hujeros Post time 2016-09-25 05:54:29 | Show all posts
Apollo Lite should support OTG. But i have the same isue with my USB-C headphones .Phone just do not recognize it.
I now awaiting USB-C to USB-A adaptor with OTG support. I test it with some USB stick and let you know.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Raisin Post time 2016-09-25 12:26:59 | Show all posts
That's the only problem i have on my apollo lite (that i have since 1 month), the OTG isn't working well.

I'm using an AUKEY hub to connect a logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo + external hdd, and if find myself having to plug/unplug the mouse/keyboard detector multiple times before it gets recognized, as well as the hdd.

Sometimes using the app "OTG?" (wich will look if OTG is working) will make the stuff being recognized.

Kinda weird
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

wiz.wiz Post time 2016-09-25 16:12:58 | Show all posts
I tested :
- usb flash drive, connected to a usb-female to micro-usb cable, connected to a micro-usb to usb-c adapter, connected to the VAL : works.
- seek thermal camera, connected to a micro-usb to usb-c adapter OTG compatible : works.

I bought several micro-usb to usb-c adapters, only the "OTG" compatible works for the camera, the others work for charging, data transfer & usb flash drive connection.

The OTG adapter I bought ($0.60):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... mi/32708430049.html
The non OTG adapters I bought ($0.20):
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... er/32587447384.html

Comments

At last I received the Raugee OTG cable with USB-C and USB3 ends, but it doesn't work either. It seems that it is a device problem, not adapter! OTG checker (OTG? app) shows that it is OTG capable  Details Reply Post time 2016-10-06 03:09
You wrote that non-OTG compatible adapters support only flash drive connection. I don't know which type of adapter i have but it should support at least usb flash drives as you suggested. But it does  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-26 02:04
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| kangoo Post time 2016-09-26 02:04:02 | Show all posts
wiz.wiz replied at 2016-09-25 16:12
I tested :
- usb flash drive, connected to a usb-female to micro-usb cable, connected to a micro-us ...

You wrote that non-OTG compatible adapters support only flash drive connection.
I don't know which type of adapter i have but it should support at least usb flash drives as you suggested. But it doesn't!
I'm afraid that there must be some problem with software, not with adapter.
I ordered a cable with OTG support (definitely written in description). After received it I'll make a test and inform you!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| kangoo Post time 2016-10-06 03:09:33 | Show all posts
wiz.wiz replied at 2016-09-25 16:12
I tested :
- usb flash drive, connected to a usb-female to micro-usb cable, connected to a micro-us ...

At last I received the Raugee OTG cable with USB-C and USB3 ends, but it doesn't work either.
It seems that it is a device problem, not adapter!

OTG checker (OTG? app) shows that it is OTG capable device but it couldn't find also the flash drive in OTG cable.

Strange...
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

kisger13 Post time 2016-10-06 13:15:00 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I have this, and working fine with 8gb pendrive.https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32687606153.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&productId=32687606153&productSubject=Universal-Travel-USB-Charger-Adapter-USB-to-Type-C-USB-3-1-Data-Adapter-for-Oneplus&spm=2114.13010608.0.0.DexqVA#autostay
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

kaon Post time 2016-10-06 16:55:56 | Show all posts
i Have working cable Raugee OTG cable with USB-C and USB3 on my Apollo Lite.
same cable to Elephone 9000

Comments

That's great! Give us some details about file format of pendrive, status of your Apollo Lite etc., please! I imagined that it works like other phones: push in the cable and drive is recogized... B  Details Reply Post time 2016-10-07 01:19
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

kszaboa Post time 2016-10-06 18:30:06 | Show all posts
just a feedback from me:

Vernee Apollo Lite works flawlessly with an USB-C-to-USB3.0 OTG Adapter and an 64GB Sandisk USB 3.0 Stick (Fat32)
this one:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/152195747 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| kangoo Post time 2016-10-07 01:19:57 | Show all posts
kaon replied at 2016-10-06 16:55
i Have working cable Raugee OTG cable with USB-C and USB3 on my Apollo Lite.
same cable to Elephone ...

That's great!
Give us some details about file format of pendrive, status of your Apollo Lite etc., please!

I imagined that it works like other phones: push in the cable and drive is recogized... But no.

Is there a switch somewhere in the settings to enable OTG or what should be the problem?

thanks!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules