123Next
Return to list New
Open the left

Apollo lite FRAUD in camera. Proof inside. Must see.

[Copy link]
Pmzaq Post time 2016-09-28 06:09:39 From the mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello. As I have told before in this forum, there is a problem with the quality of this camera. Theoretically we have a camera of 16mpx with an aperture of 2.0. Testing it, and I have discovered that the real aperture is 2.2 (worse than the advertised) I contacted vernee and their response is that the real aperture is 2.2. Then, my question is why you advertise in your official web other thing? I attach two images, one is a screen shot of the official web where you can see it advertised, and the other is the vernee answer to my email. Judge yourself if this is not a fraud, or at least, a big error. Vernee, I'm asking you a refund and a very good explanation. Anyone knows if is possible to reclaim a refund with PayPal due to this obvious reasons? If I had known this, I wouldn't have bought this smartphone, for sure.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

megthebest Post time 2016-09-28 06:20:44 | Show all posts
so for camera apertura 2.2 instead of 2.0 you have such problems? i guess you can live with less than half step o light on camera..
there are other things to fix on Apollo.....
Camera aperture is only  a number and doesn't affect quality or focus speed (if is 0.2 different from advertised)..
We need for sure more support for camera jpg that need to be sharpner and less noisy when light is not as good as expected.
Mediatek, Drivers, Camera app are the main actors to point your finger on...
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 2 Not support 1

Use magic Report

maddes1402 Post time 2016-09-28 22:17:25 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I compared the pictures taken with the Apollo with my old Nexus 5 (f2.4) which absolutely shows how much more important post processing and software is.   
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

scot Post time 2016-09-28 20:53:35 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I can't believe that there are forum members/buyers of apollo that can accept so easily the smaller than advertised aperture. What if the processor was the X10 instead of X20? bottom line is that they cheating...good luck to Mars future owners!!!

Comments

Are you 100% sure that 3rd party app do no lies about aperture? Waht if it is only SW fail. Are you mees the aperture up? Many owner/customer not awaiting miracle with camera from phone about 200$. A  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-29 00:04
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support 1 Not support 1

Use magic Report

bl3nto Post time 2016-09-28 21:52:02 | Show all posts
What's funny to me is that you're barking at the wrong tree. The problem with phone's camera is shitty software not aperture size.
And no i don't like to be cheated, but it's kinda expected to happen. We all (well at least most of us) preordered this phone, and it was a gamble.

And honestly having 2.2 aperture size camera is way better than having my phone exploding like Samsung's Note 7.

Thanks for your investigation, but my question is, are you 100% sure that 2.2 is the real aperture size and not a software bug with camera driver or whatever? Are you 100% sure that camera's hardware is has a 2.2 aperture size and Vernee lied?

Comments

Of course I have not any way to be 100% sure of the 2.2 aperture. I did not disassembly the phone, I only see the data that all the apps tell me about this issue. Could be a bug, but in 3 OTAS they di  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-28 22:46
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Author| Pmzaq Post time 2016-09-28 21:23:17 | Show all posts
bl3nto replied at 2016-09-28 21:05
Bottom line is that a lot of us don't care, when I want good pictured i bring my EOS 5D Mk III with  ...

I don't even know what to answer to you. I also have a good canon camera, but obviously it is not always with me. If I need to take a pic in one of these moments, I'd like to see something good, not garbage. And I can expect that even for 200$, see xiaomi note pro 3. Understand my complaints if I see that the hardware is not the advertised.
"even if aperture size is really 2.2 instead of 2.0, that's nowhere near the difference between Helio X10 and X20." This is a joke? If they cheat you only a little is okay? Good luck men.
I'm not going to argue with nobody, you are quite free to let yourself cheated by this great and cheap Chinese phone. I only wanted to see you the results of my investigations. Regards everybody.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support 0 Not support 1

Use magic Report

bl3nto Post time 2016-09-28 21:05:05 | Show all posts
Bottom line is that a lot of us don't care, when I want good pictured i bring my EOS 5D Mk III with me, not a  shitty smartphone camera.

And you are comparing apples and oranges, even if aperture size is really 2.2 instead of 2.0, that's nowhere near the difference between Helio X10 and X20.

And in the end even if they lied about aperture size, it definitely is not a deal breaker for majority of Apollo Lite users, not when you get these specs for $200.

Comments

++1  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-28 21:57
I don't even know what to answer to you. I also have a good canon camera, but obviously it is not always with me. If I need to take a pic in one of these moments, I'd like to see something good, not g  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-28 21:23
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Pmzaq Post time 2016-09-28 22:46:48 | Show all posts
Edited by Pmzaq at 2016-09-28 22:51
bl3nto replied at 2016-09-28 21:52
What's funny to me is that you're barking at the wrong tree. The problem with phone's camera is shit ...

Of course I have not any way to be 100% sure of the 2.2 aperture. I did not disassembly the phone, I only see the data that all the apps tell me about this issue. Could be a bug, but in 3 OTAS they did not fix it and they know it, because I've been complaining about this matter for weeks. Also, if your phone shows in information that has the p10 processor instead of the x20, you would complaint, right? And it could be a bug of the information software or wharever, right? Same here.  I only asking Vernee for proofs, or I will try to get a refund (i know is chinese company and I am sort of fucked up, but..)
And yeah, wrong aperture is better than your phone exploding, but it's still cheating. Yeah, we preorder the phone but it is expected to at least have the hardware advertised, otherwise is a fraud. Not gambling man, fraud.
And I know that good software and postproccesing is really important, but having the advertised hardware could be a good starting point.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

bl3nto Post time 2016-09-28 14:10:09 | Show all posts
C'mon guys, I'm the first one in line to throw stick and stones, but for now, at least Vernee is trying, give them some more time.

Btw, class action lawsuit against company based in China? Haahaha, seriously?
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Alxz0ne Post time 2016-09-28 18:19:08 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Lol. Complain of 200usd phone :-D

Comments

Yeah, LOL! What about Leagoo M5 with "bulletproof glass"? What would have happened if anybody tried it on himself?  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-28 19:17
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Pmzaq Post time 2016-09-28 17:26:28 | Show all posts
Guys, regarding if the 0.2 difference of aperture makes a difference or not... I think it really makes a difference in a smartphone (besides of the obvious improvement in sotware, camera app, etc that we need). But even if the difference was only a slight 1%, vernee HAS LIED to us. Guys, with all the respect, don't be stupid. You have bought a product with a very clear specifications, and you have received other thing. DO NOT ACCPET IT. Big change or not, it is a fraud. I don't care if is much difference or not, it the company is Chinese or from Mars, or whatever. I want my money back because this should be illegal. Point. Anybody knows what can we do? Vernee, you should say something too, specially if you keep telling us that real aperture is 2.0. Give proof or that. Camera apps and exif data of photos says the opposite. Give a good proof and I will shut up.
Thanks
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Jareczeksz Post time 2016-09-28 06:14:51 | Show all posts
4K video recording there is no!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Pmzaq Post time 2016-09-28 06:34:06 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I don't know who my finger point, but camera sucks, that is very clear. Why do you say aperture doesn't affect on quality? Obviously you don't have much idea, less aperture makes your phone able to take better photos in the nights (moment when apollo lite really sucks, oh what a coincidence). See galaxy s7, with an aperture of 1.7 is the best camera of the market, specially in the nights. Of course aperture affect and OF COURSE I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH GETTING A PHONE DIFFERENT THAN ADVERTISED. Maybe you are happy with that I don't and I want an explanation. With all respect to your opinion.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

trackzz Post time 2016-09-28 08:20:48 | Show all posts
like i have said before ,they LIED to us on so many occasions ,
they 4k recording ,2.2 aperture ,and in my case they never mentioned ,doesnt work in north America ,
we should all do a class action lawsuit

Comments

Seriously trackzz, your stupidity is irrelevant to what this thread is discussing. These is genuine issues of no 4k since the first OTA and an incorrectly advertised camera aperture. Your issue of the  Details Reply Post time 2016-09-28 08:37
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Simplexion Post time 2016-09-28 08:37:27 | Show all posts
trackzz replied at 2016-09-28 08:20
like i have said before ,they LIED to us on so many occasions ,
they 4k recording ,2.2 aperture ,an ...

Seriously trackzz, your stupidity is irrelevant to what this thread is discussing. These is genuine issues of no 4k since the first OTA and an incorrectly advertised camera aperture. Your issue of the phone not working in your country is due to your own failure. Stop attempting to blame others for your own failings.

I would like to know if the current working aperture on the camera of 2.2 is simply a software issue or whether it is due to the hardware? If it is software I will believe that it will be repaired in an OTA. So far I have been very impressed with Vernee's work to consistently release OTAs. They have already released 3 in the short time this phone has existed. There are Samsung phones that never even receive that many updates to resolve issues.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

trackzz Post time 2016-09-28 10:52:39 | Show all posts
Simplexion, are you like a little lost child ?
the subject was "Apollo lite FRAUD "
do you understand the word "Fraud "
get an education before responding

insults only prove my point ,as a childish response !!
grow up
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Pmzaq Post time 2016-09-28 12:21:45 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Simplexion, I already asked vernee if 2.2 aperture was a software problem to be resolved in 3rd Ota but it has not been resolved and their answer in the email is Clair. Hardware, real aperture is 2.2. Advertised is 2.0. Fraud.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Pmzaq Post time 2016-09-28 13:07:20 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hi, news from Vernee and this is now like a joke. Now they told me by email that it was a mistake and real aperture is 2.0. If this is real, why camera apps and exif data o all the photos tell the opposite, that real one is 2.2? Could vernee give some proof? Thanks

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

fabio Post time 2016-09-28 13:42:45 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
So we Will ask payback? Let's start class action!!!!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules