12Next
Return to list New
Open the left

Day 1 initial thoughts

[Copy link]
Ricey155 Post time 2016-11-09 19:13:28 | Show all posts |Read mode
Well built, sharp screen and charging seem's quick, apps loads faster than my old NEXUS 5 (3 years old) and it boots faster !!

So far it won't get to blue and me (Abarth/Fiat in car phone service) or GAMEGOLF live device (it found it but won't live pair, more work) it connects to raxfly bluetooth headset quickly.

Wifi is spot on and all the apps fire up smoothly and a bit faster than the N5, signal test I get -112 in the house on both phones so no issues (yes it's poor but its how it is on 4g/3g with three here in outer Coventry UK)

its heavy and feels it 131g v 173g no problem I understood this after reading the specs.

It feels like a premium phone and I like the fingerprint sensor, which to be fair is hit and miss even with a double fingerprint scan and going through #NatPhoneGuy on youtube tutorial.

Phone needs some serious LOVE to be perfect or even a daily reliable DRIVER !!

Do I root it I hate apps sitting being unused that I'll never used  A BIT OCD LIKE THAT !!!!

anything I've missed ?? £135 delivered still good value for a decent smartphone  

Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

megthebest Post time 2016-11-09 23:58:32 | Show all posts
good first look.. and you will be able to improve experience after rooting it
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Ricey155 Post time 2016-11-11 02:53:11 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
really in what way ?? I've rooted every handset but they normally have a ROM based on source code etc and bugs are totally iron out
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

zombie Post time 2016-11-11 07:48:39 | Show all posts
I rooted my Apollo Lite just to install Dolby Atmos and I have to say it was definitely worth it
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

No1VIPER Post time 2016-11-11 08:03:22 | Show all posts
I initially also rooted to be able to use Dolby Atmos. It's worth rooting for that alone, as it makes the sound quality far, far better. Since then though, I've added Xposed, which allows you to be able to do things such as block YouTube ads, enable YouTube Background Playback, use things like GravityBox to tweak all sorts. The list goes on and on.

Use magic Report

Author| Ricey155 Post time 2016-11-12 01:51:27 | Show all posts
I've used Xposed for a while, main reason for me to root is TIDY, but there seems little on the handset from the start !!

UPDATE: The phone needed to settle in, connects perfect #Bluetooth items Blue and me and also GAMEGOLF tracking, the best part you moan about the battery but I used 40% in 4 hrs with GG running where my nexus needed 2 power packs to just get through 18 holes so really impressed with the battery when in use !!

Call quality is spot on :-)

is root OK with latest OTA3 ?
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Ricey155 Post time 2016-11-12 23:10:28 | Show all posts
Golf was rained off #CourseClosed so I got stuck in and rooted today and removed a few installed apps I'm never going to use WOW it always feels nice tidying up #OCD

installed what was mentioned all good
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

No1VIPER Post time 2016-11-13 00:56:05 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Here's a list of all the Xposed modules I use/recommend

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Ricey155 Post time 2016-11-13 17:25:24 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
started getting force closed issues on facebook, gps test etc only deleted messenger, email etc tidying ocd issues
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

No1VIPER Post time 2016-11-14 00:50:51 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Ricey155 replied at 2016-11-13 17:25
started getting force closed issues on facebook, gps test etc only deleted messenger, email etc tidy ...

This is why I just disable system apps, instead of uninstalling them. That way if issues like this arise you can just re-enable them.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules