Open the left

Adups - spyware or harmless?

[Copy link]
chaojian Post time 2017-02-09 11:02:06 | Show all posts
Thank you for your feedback, the latest software has modified this issue, it is recommended to upgrade the latest system, OTA or local upgrade
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

humble_thore Post time 2017-02-11 06:49:18 | Show all posts
Which "issue" exactly? What was changed? Adups-Version still seems to be the same as before upgrade (4.3.0.0).

Please be more specific.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

humble_thore Post time 2017-02-12 02:01:12 | Show all posts
Edited by humble_thore at 2017-02-12 02:47

Version: thor_20161021192956

See attached Screenshots (bigdata.adsunflower.com etc.)

That′s the behavior described in Kryptowire Article (http://www.kryptowire.com/adups_security_analysis.html).

So. My Phone is sending Data, which i can′t conrol, to China. Currently about 3 MB (see second screenshot). On latest firmware (where you said the "issue is modified").

I think you owe me an explanation. What′s up vernee?

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Comments

Still no answer? Just ignoring us? Hello? Anybody at Home? I want to know, what happens to the Data Adups (and other Software?) is obviously collecting! What kind of Data is it? And, aboove all, wh  Details Reply Post time 2017-02-15 06:31
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

humble_thore Post time 2017-02-15 06:31:55 | Show all posts
humble_thore replied at 2017-02-12 02:01
Version: thor_20161021192956

See attached Screenshots (bigdata.adsunflower.com etc.)

Still no answer? Just ignoring us? Hello? Anybody at Home?

I want to know, what happens to the Data Adups (and other Software?) is obviously collecting! What kind of Data is it? And, aboove all, what are your plans to stop that unwanted behavoir of our Thor?

As long you keep silent, my Thor continues to send Data somewhere. See attached Screenshot.

What we need here is honest and transparent Information!

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

martinbanshee Post time 2017-02-16 07:01:15 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
You'll be lucky to get a satisfactory answer from Vernee, they're just like the rest of the small Chinese phone manufacturers, support is horrendous and phone's are quickly abandoned.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

humble_thore Post time 2017-02-20 05:58:20 | Show all posts

This is not acceptable. I expect an answer and think I deserve it as a customer. What data does my mobile phone send here without my knowledge? What does Vernee do? Or: If I have no reason to worry, i would still like to get explained why FOTA/Adups sends several megabytes to Nirvana.

Thank you!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

martinbanshee Post time 2017-02-21 22:36:42 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
You won't get an acceptable reply, they give out very limited info. I think you already know why your personal info is getting sent to China and why you don't get a full answer from Vernee. They're not sorry for the data theft, they're sorry they got caught.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

humble_thore Post time 2017-02-23 06:52:40 | Show all posts
Seems they updated FOTA to 5.5 with latest Update (Nougat). Need to investigate.

Vernees communication is very disappointing.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Sammy Post time 2017-02-23 08:18:27 | Show all posts
Yeah. I haven't updated from 6.0 to 7.0 yet, but I'd like to know as well if there are some apps that still transfer data to China and how they're called so I can disable them.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Blake Post time 2017-02-23 16:43:09 | Show all posts
Thor Android 7.0 have fixed this issue , please try to update the latest OTA version !
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules