Open the left

Adups - spyware or harmless?

[Copy link]
humble_thore Post time 2017-02-28 07:19:16 | Show all posts
Edited by humble_thore at 2017-02-28 07:20

@Blake: Do you have any technical insights you want to share with us? Do you work for Vernee?

@All:

I can confirm, that the latest OTA updated FOTA to version 5.5.0.3.004 (see attached Screenshots). As someone else has written in another thread, this COULD mean that there is no more data leakage (see Adups Press Article). I don′t believe it.

Adups still connects to 118.193.254.13 (fota5.adups.com) on a regular basis. I guess this is some kind of Update Check, but, while the App itself seems to send no data, still a lot of traffic is generated (again, see Screenshots). I have no idea what is sent nor how to stop it.

I′m still worried about my Data. And i still demand an official(!) Statement, that all my data on the Vernee Thor is SAFE (regarding not only Adups)!

Please support this call for transparence!

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

lucky Post time 2017-02-28 11:08:02 | Show all posts
Suggest that you upgrade Android 7 version, the new software has been screened Adups upload information

Comments

@lucky: When you read my last post, you will see, that i′ve already installed the latest update. As said before to Blake: Do you have any (detailed) technical insights you want to share? Do you work  Details Reply Post time 2017-03-13 04:28
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

humble_thore Post time 2017-03-13 04:28:11 | Show all posts
lucky replied at 2017-02-28 11:08
Suggest that you upgrade Android 7 version, the new software has been screened Adups upload informat ...

@lucky: When you read my last post, you will see, that i′ve already installed the latest update. As said before to Blake: Do you have any (detailed) technical insights you want to share? Do you work for Vernee?

I do not understand, why Vernee is not able to give some information on the current status of their data protection on Vernee Thor.

I will not buy a second time at a company that continuously ignores requests from customers. Quite a pity, Vernee sounded so promising.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

humble_thore Post time 2017-03-17 06:05:59 | Show all posts
*UPDATE*

Even well-respected Security-Apps detect FOTA (German: "Systemaktualisierung") as harmful App. See attached Screenshot.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Bogey Post time 2017-08-01 18:33:30 | Show all posts
Edited by Bogey at 2017-08-01 18:35

Even updated adups version is collecting and sending data and can even used for remote takeover.
Is it possible to remove this software manually and also remove in future updates?

Amazon is already pulling out Blu phones from their marketplace which also having adups installed.

Source:https://www.cnet.com/news/these- ... g-you-your-privacy/
https://www.theverge.com/2017/7/ ... are-user-data-theft

Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules