[Copy link]
tibrocks Post time 2017-01-09 20:23:20 | Show all posts |Read mode

model
Apollo
OS version
Trouble Probability
80 %
Describe
Device lasts less with a full charge compared to Apollo Lite (exact same configurations). Also noticed Apollo runs slightly hotter
Steps
Full charge - battery drain is noticeably faster on Apollo
Picture

Hi,

I have both the Apollo Lite and the newer Apollo X25.

Been using Apollo Lite since it came out and manage to optimise it to 1.5 days of battery life with both networks always on + 4G & Calls, moderate app usage + music listening.

I then replicated all settings on Apollo (including Permissions - many apps are restricted in the background) + apps. Comparing the two, the Apollo x25 is visibly draining faster than Lite.
I even tried switching the Apollo X25 on Airplane mode and in this case it gets close to Lite's power consumption (Lite having BT, WiFi and 4G always on...) and at the end of the day it's still the Apollo X25 with less battery left.

I believe this is software-related, I must mention that both my devices are up-to-date with the latest OTA updates.

Thanks
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

e8hffff Post time 2017-01-10 02:23:19 | Show all posts
Android 6 is really a transition option with the better release will be in Android 7.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

magicghoul Post time 2017-01-10 08:25:55 | Show all posts
the apollo lite comes with a 1080p screen while the apollo has a 2k resolution. this means, that the battery of the apollo has to power four times more pixels than the battery of the apollo lite. that is the main reason for the faster battery drain and it was by far not the best  decision by vernee either to put a 2k screen in or to go with the small battery. another point is the helio x25 wich has a higher clock speed than the x20 in the apollo and uses more power because of that. but the main reason is still the high res screen.

Comments

I actually thought of that - which is why I am still keeping the Lite for the moment: it is more balanced in terms of cpu/resolution/battery capacity. I decided to try the Apollo x25 but was aware  Details Reply Post time 2017-01-10 17:59
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| tibrocks Post time 2017-01-10 17:59:32 | Show all posts
magicghoul replied at 2017-01-10 08:25
the apollo lite comes with a 1080p screen while the apollo has a 2k resolution. this means, that the ...

I actually thought of that - which is why I am still keeping the Lite for the moment: it is more balanced in terms of cpu/resolution/battery capacity.

I decided to try the Apollo x25 but was aware of the screen + cpu being more power-savvy and expected a 5-10% battery drop when compared to Lite - however that only happens with all Radio OFF on Apollo x25.

Under normal usage the discrepancy is more significant. Keeping both now but only using the Lite.

Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules