123Next
Return to list New
Open the left

quick charging

[Copy link]
Vernee078 Post time 2017-01-11 23:26:06 | Show all posts |Read mode
Quick charging.

Does not work properly. through 240v and 12v / 24v not good enough.
Use different fast chargers new original of Vernee, Elephone and suitable for fast chargers 12v / 24vDoes anyone have tips? Or does this with the following OTA update gonne get solved?
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

vertigo Post time 2017-02-01 17:51:39 | Show all posts
Edited by vertigo at 2017-02-01 18:00

Lets clear up some confusion about these batteries and whats good/bad for them.
Lipo batteries can be charged safely and with no harmful effects up to 1C. For a 3000maH battery, that means 3A @ ~3.8V (nominal battery voltage), or 2.2A @5V. Note that is charging current directly to the battery, not to the internal charger, which is far from 100% efficient. Depending on the chargers (in)efficiency, that probably means ~3A from USB 5V. BTW, its the inefficiency of the internal charger that causes the heat, its not the battery itself, the battery shouldnt noticably warm up from charging.

In other words "quick charging" is not harmful for the battery. Even with quickcharging, we are limited to the what we can send over USB and what the internal voltage regulators can handle. The battery itself would be okay being charged even faster (rule of thumb: 1C or, 1 hour 0-100% charging time is okay for this chemistry).

As for what does kill these batteries; there are several factors that influence longevity for LiPo batteries.
- first and foremost, overdischarge. In a smartphone this shouldnt happen, as the phone will shut down when the battery voltage drops below some preset treshold. But if you where to leave it empty like that for an extended period of time (weeks or months), self discharge will further reduce the battery voltage and you will kill the battery for sure. Dont store these batteries empty.
- fully charged storage. These batteries should never be stored long term fully charged either. They will degrade significantly if you do.  If you need to store long term, charge them to 50-70%. Now with smartphones, we dont tend to do this anyway, but charging overnight has the same effect in the long run, especially when quickcharging overnight, as the battery will be completely full for 6+ hours each night. You'd be better off slow charging from 500mA charger so that it finishes charging roughly when you wake up. Or quickcharging in the morning and unplugging once its full. Even better is trying to avoid fully charging them, but disconnect at 90% or so.
- heat is *not* a major problem for this chemistry. in the RC world, lipo battery temperatures of up to 60-70C are considered fine and Ive measured upwards of 90C with no ill effects.  In fact, these batteries perform best when temperatures are slightly elevated (30-40 degrees C). Batteries should be cool when charging though.
- extreme cold is potentially bad for them, and certainly decreases capacity. Below 10 degrees C, battery capacity is reduced by 50%. Below freezing, it can drop to 1/4th.
- too much pressure, puncture, etc will not just degrade them, but cause them to explode, particularly violently if they are fully charged. When boarding an airplane, make sure *all* your high density batteries (camera, phone, tablet, ecigarettes, portable game consoles, laptops, drones,..) are below 50% or even lower if possible.

Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

andi Post time 2017-01-11 23:44:19 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Fast charge woks at my phone.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Pmzaq Post time 2017-01-12 02:36:08 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hello, my phone has the same problem since a few weeks ago. I have tried many different chargers, factory reset, clean the connection, and still the same. Vernee didn't give me an answer, so I won't buy again a phone from this company..  I hope android 7 solve it.. (if they released it some fuc**** day)
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

kszaboa Post time 2017-01-12 15:46:38 | Show all posts
Edited by kszaboa at 2017-01-12 15:54

you have to measure it with a USB multimeter if you want to be sure that it is not working. Be sure that you use a quality cable too. If fastcharge kicks in, the phone should charge with 1.4 A current at 9,0 V voltage (=12,6 W), phone must be in idle state for this (screen off). If phone is on ore used, it will charge only classically, at 5,0 V voltage, much slower. This is feature is dynamic. BTW, you cannot measure anything with apps on the phone.
"fast chargers": a charger that is rated at 2.0 A at 5 V will not charge your Vernee Apollo lite fast. Qualcomm QuickCharge chargers won′t charge it fast too (tried quickcharge 2.0 only myself, not sure about 3.0). You need the original Vernee charger with a quality cable to get the 9V charging. I do not know any 12/24 V chargers that are surely compatible with the Vernee algorhythm.

Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

AxelMilb Post time 2017-01-12 17:52:29 | Show all posts
All right what they write.
The only charger which I found which also worked.
Quick Charger
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Vernee078 Post time 2017-01-12 19:34:48 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
@kszaboa
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Vernee078 Post time 2017-01-12 19:36:23 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
@kszaboa Thanks for you comment. I have tested with the USB multimeter. But yesterday it's works a lot better then before.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

kszaboa Post time 2017-01-12 21:43:59 | Show all posts
AxelMilb replied at 2017-01-12 17:52
All right what they write.
The only charger which I found which also worked.
Quick Charger

nice find! the sopecs say MTK pump express support, so it should work with Apollo Lite.

Comments

I bought it it worked  Details Reply Post time 2017-01-14 01:36
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

AxelMilb Post time 2017-01-14 01:36:27 | Show all posts
kszaboa replied at 2017-01-12 14:43
nice find! the sopecs say MTK pump express support, so it should work with Apollo Lite.

I bought it it worked
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

kszaboa Post time 2017-01-20 15:25:14 | Show all posts
Edited by kszaboa at 2017-01-20 15:27

Elephone uses the exactly same charger as Vernee (APS-KI015WE-G)... Interesting that Vernee probably lies about the charging current ;) I measured it and the phone crages at 1,67A at 9V just like it is printed on the Elephone version.

https://www.amazon.de/Elephone-S ... 13c&pf_rd_i=desktop

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules