Open the left

quick charging

[Copy link]
peter931 Post time 2017-01-22 23:30:51 | Show all posts
Do I understand correctly?

Apollo lite supports:
Quick Charge 2.0 Charger (but only in slow mode)
Quick Charge 3.0 Charger (fast mode)

How is my phone charged, if I connect my phone to my Laptop with:
USB 2.0 ?
USB 3.0 ?

Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

kszaboa Post time 2017-01-23 15:29:08 | Show all posts
Apollo Lite supports PumpExpress plus from MediaThek, not QuickCharge from Qualcomm (it has a Mediathek Chipset inside).
It is nearly sure that a laptop USB-port, 2.0 or 3.0 does not support PumpExpress or any other quick charge protocols. It will charge in an "old school" way which means at 5 V, on 2.0 at 0,5 A; on 3.0 maybe up to ca 1 A.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

peter931 Post time 2017-01-25 05:27:17 | Show all posts
0.5A or 1A is sufficient for me, because mostly I dont need short charging times.
I like to extend the accu life time, when using lower loading current.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

kszaboa Post time 2017-01-25 06:13:14 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Basically you are right: less current, less heat, longer battery life expectancy. But one should not forget that newer fast charging Technologies at 9 or even 12V have significantly higher power efficiency (like quickcharge 3 vs 2 40% more). This means less power waste, less heat. And heat kills your battery, not the charging current directly.

Comments

Is true slow charging kills your battery  Details Reply Post time 2017-01-27 21:32
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

No1VIPER Post time 2017-01-25 06:41:36 | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Vernee078 Post time 2017-01-27 21:32:47 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
kszaboa replied at 2017-01-25 06:13
Basically you are right: less current, less heat, longer battery life expectancy. But one should not ...

Is true slow charging kills your battery
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

ЯazoR Post time 2017-01-27 22:00:51 | Show all posts
Edited by ЯazoR at 2017-01-27 15:05
Vernee078 replied at 2017-01-27 14:32
Is true slow charging kills your battery

It most certainly does not. But since we are discussing troll physics here, its extremely hard to tell, what voltage/amperage will generate such an amount of heat, that will most likely not benefit your battery. By definition no supported charging method should kill your battery, but more generated heat should have a negative impact on its total usable life.

For me even if quick charging is supposed to be more efficient, it still heats my battery and phone significantly more than using one of my really old chargers (1A and 0.75A). This might comes with the quick charger offering significantly shorter charging time during which the heat generated by the less wasted current that does not dissipate that quickly than the somewhat more generated heat over a longer charging time. Since the phone has a metal body, it should be pretty good cooling down the inside stuff. So even if there is less wasted current in percents in case of using the quick charging method, given the shorter time to dissipate, it might cause higher overall tempreture.

But this cannot be certainly confirmed/denied without exact measurements, and I do not think its worth the time that would be wasted with one.
Device:                  Apollo Lite
Custom build:       Apollo_Lite_20170118

Use magic Report

Frosty Post time 2017-01-29 12:24:17 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by Frosty at 2017-01-29 12:29

Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

kszaboa Post time 2017-01-30 04:05:31 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Apple uses 5V and max. 1A with the iPhones. Not without a reason.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

ЯazoR Post time 2017-01-31 18:42:35 | Show all posts
kszaboa replied at 2017-01-29 21:05
Apple uses 5V and max. 1A with the iPhones. Not without a reason.

I'm pretty sure, the iPad factory chargers are rated higher than that - 2.1A if I'm right - since they have to pack a lot of juice into those batteries. AFAIK there is nothing stopping me to charge an iPhone with an iPad charger and vica versa. So I think there really is no more reasoning behind this fact, other than that even the iPhone 7 is only equipped with an 1960mAh battery which is really not that difficult to charge with basically anything. Given the fact that the 1A charger is supposed to be cheaper than the 2.1A one I don't see a reason for Apple to hand them out with the iPhones.
Device:                  Apollo Lite
Custom build:       Apollo_Lite_20170118

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules