12Next
Return to list New
Open the left

Android 7 not ringing for withheld numbers Problem.

[Copy link]
squashplant Post time 2017-02-22 03:11:26 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by squashplant at 2017-02-27 07:37

Hi, just discovered a bizzare problem with my Mars on the 7.0 update..

Whenever someone calls and no CLID is presented to the network (ie. from behind a switchboard, or by witholding their number) The caller hears a ringing tone as per usual but the Vernee Mars does nothing. It doesn't ring, show that someone is calling or show a missed call has been recieved. It just sits in standby as per usual. The only time I know that a call has been attempted is when I get a voicemail notfication, IF i'm lucky enough to have the caller leave a message. Callers who show their numbers get through fine.

I've tested my SIM card in 2 other phones and the problem isn't there, so It's not a damaged SIM or network problem, tried a factory reset on the Mars to no avail.

Last week I missed 3 calls from the medical centre & at least 1 from a potential new employer and thats just the ones I know of! Seems like there is some form of anoyomous call blocking built into the firmware, but no way to turn it off! Bizzare and fustrating to say the least. In fact it could have been dangerous for me as when the Doctor tried to call it was about some test results.

Does anybody else have this problem, or know how to resolve it?? Thanks in advance.

Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

martinbanshee Post time 2017-02-27 05:29:45 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
It certainly seems that way. Vernee are not good at software that's for sure.  
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

martinbanshee Post time 2017-02-24 18:37:12 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Just tried this. Guess what, any calls with no caller ID don't ring the phone! Another serious issue to add to the list of Android 7 bugs. I've no idea how many calls I've missed because of this issue.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

ghost45 Post time 2017-02-24 19:20:12 | Show all posts
Hi Squash...
this is not a firmware's bug !
Probably you have build one rejected list of anonimus calls or is a your operator mistake that filter all your calls.

Comments

Ghost, I don't have any kind of rejected/ rejecting list. As you may of read (in the first post). A factory reset has been performed, ALL apps have been deleted. The Vernee Mars has NO menu for  Details Reply Post time 2017-02-27 04:42
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

martinbanshee Post time 2017-02-25 00:55:34 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Nope, I've no numbers in my call blocking list and my SIM card accepts anonymous calls on every other phone I've used it in. 100% software bug!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| squashplant Post time 2017-02-27 04:42:24 | Show all posts
ghost45 replied at 2017-02-24 19:20
Hi Squash...
this is not a firmware's bug !
Probably you have build one rejected list of anonimus  ...

Ghost,

I don't have any kind of rejected/ rejecting list. As you may of read (in the first post). A factory reset has been performed, ALL apps have been deleted.

The Vernee Mars has NO menu for rejecting/ accepting/ filtering calls and never had one.

Seems like a very serious error in testing this update. As far as I'm concerned the 7.0 update was not fit for purpose, and has undergone virtually NO testing!!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| squashplant Post time 2017-02-27 06:18:31 | Show all posts
Just to update the OP, I've re-installed the firmware and the problem persists. (also acclimatising to type 1 diabetes!) true. Thank goodness they had my landline number!!!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| squashplant Post time 2017-02-27 08:12:42 | Show all posts
Edited by squashplant at 2017-02-27 08:59

..Forgot to mention, normally to withhold a number (GSM, worldwide.) you just place #31# directly in front of the number (from another mobile phone to the Mars). Or from my location (UK) on a landline it's 141 before the number. That's how I tested the issue. Obviously other countries will vary with land-based networks, phone your operator if need be. 'perhaps' not applicaple in China?!

Please test guys!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

martinbanshee Post time 2017-02-27 20:29:11 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I'm in the UK too, hopefully this is gets fixed quickly as I use this phone for work. I might have to go back to the trusted iPhone 5 for work purposes.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

martinbanshee Post time 2017-02-28 23:10:50 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Bump
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules