Open the left

Apollo & WiFi : Weak range and signal

[Copy link]
Makara Post time 2017-03-14 16:19:57 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Makara at 2017-03-14 16:24

Hi everybody,

Just switched from a Meizu M2 Note to an Apollo I received the 11th.

It's a big upgrade except for 1 thing : WiFi. (5 ghz at least, didn't test 2.4 ghz)

The signal is very weak in comparison to the Meizu M2 Note.

Left is Meizu ; Right is Apollo :

Speedtest just in front of the internet box :

Speedtest 3 meters away from the box :

In my Bedroom (~10 meters away from the box) Apollo can't catch the signal anymore while Meizu M2 Note still can.

Anyone encountering this problem ? Is there any way to solve it ? I already updated to the last OTA...

Thank you very much,
Best Regards

Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

25dinakar Post time 2017-04-07 04:09:17 | Show all posts
Me also but for vernee mars
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ghost45 Post time 2017-04-08 14:36:33 | Show all posts
According me is the Wifi inside antenna position !
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

alexnov Post time 2017-04-11 19:50:13 | Show all posts
Edited by alexnov at 2017-04-12 17:17

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem with my Apollo.
If I walk away from the room where the wi-fi router, smartphone always loses the signal.
There is a weak signal 5G w-lan, while the phone does not hook 2.4G W-LAN if I step away from router room.
Unfortunately it is not a router problem, because other smartphones we have at home, hook the network without problems.
I have also updated the last Apollo OTA and tried to do the factory reset, but I did not solve any problem.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

fireMan Post time 2017-04-14 04:39:32 | Show all posts
Hello,

similar problem here.
Only with 5ghz, whereas 2.4ghz works fine.
5ghz is stable only beside router (5-10cm from it).. Any other distance is problematic and the signal fluctuates (drops) very much. Around 1m from the router phone just keeps reconnecting all the time. In the other room the phone doesn't see the 5ghz wifi network at all.
This happens in the same environment where my old "Vernee Apollo Lite" performs just fine and it is strongly connected to 5ghz network even in the mentioned other room.

I repeat, 2.4ghz on non-Lite Apollo works fine, the problem is just with the 5ghz. I hope it's a driver problem.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Makara Post time 2017-04-24 21:55:31 | Show all posts
Edited by Makara at 2017-04-24 22:18

Hello,

So I just decided to do another speedtest without any particular reasons, just to see, and here are the results :

Didn't touch anything in parameters since my last tests and wifi channels are as crowded as they were before...

Still missing 40mb to reach the full LTE Cat 6 specs (if it's used for wifi as well ? not even sure) but well, won't complain
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules