Open the left

Help in updating and move to custom roms

[Copy link]
sdart Post time 2017-04-08 15:34:47 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi All,
I am currently on version 20160920, alps-mp.mp9-v1.7.1_nb6797.6c.m_p10, which i installed via full_k15tb_a-ota-1474360439, I believe this is OTA 3, but not absolutely sure.
I havent currently upgraded to the latest posted version full_k15tb_a-2016-12-09, which I think is OTA 4? As reading some posts people had issues with it, but will upgrade if people think its ok? my main concern was people said some of the signal issues are worse on ota4 and they are already bad enough on ota3.

I was waiting out for vernee to finally release a nougat, however since waiting months, I dont see anything coming so was wondering if it should make the jump to a custom rom?

I have never used a custom rom, so need a bit of help getting started, and I would also like to understand how I would roll back to official if vernee finally release nougat.

Is someone able to post simple steps of how to move to ResurrectionRemix or Lineage, and also how to go back to offical ota 3/4.
As for apps I dont mind having to install everything again, and can do backups of my main stuff, or am I better purchasing Titanium Backup?

thanks

Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

lucky Post time 2017-04-08 15:41:33 | Show all posts
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| sdart Post time 2017-04-08 15:51:08 | Show all posts
thanks Lucky, thats where i downloaded the updates from, I am currently on the 201611 download, and have downloaded the 201612 but havent applied it yet, do you think its worth it?

is is worth waiting for offical or jump to a custom?
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Trojanere Post time 2017-04-10 06:46:47 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Jump to  custom is my advice. I've been on MAD ROM and it is stable now and will get 7.1.2 shortly. Will have latest security and Bluetooth bugs fixed in 7.1.2. I'm not sure what else MAD will have fixed in this release yet.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Trojanere Post time 2017-04-10 06:48:20 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Make sure you use the MAD twrp. Also total wipe so back up all your data first.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules