Open the left

Proximity sensor stops working when i encrypt phone - bug?

[Copy link]
Regnodulous Post time 2017-04-15 21:56:20 From the mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello all. I just wondered if anyone else has come across this super weird bug.

Basically i have tried to encrypt my phone three times now. Each time it works fine but the proximity sensor (i.e. the sensor that switches the phone off when you hold it to your ear) stops working. A factory reset or restore from back via bootloader corrects the problem but phone is then unencrypted again.

Clearly it's not hardware as it works when the phone is unencrypted. Not really sure what the relation between the two things is but it's clearly cause and effect. Anyone? Cheers
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

theUZ Post time 2017-04-16 04:44:56 | Show all posts
Tried a custom ROM maybe fix that butthe vernee update support is crap and the phone has not glonass
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

lucky Post time 2017-04-17 14:15:05 | Show all posts
Suggest that you contact the dealer, go after sales solution
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Regnodulous Post time 2017-04-17 20:53:43 | Show all posts
Cheers - I would love to contatc the dealer but teh phone was shipped from China. Even if they did agree to replace/repair the phone based on what seems to be a software fault the wait, the postage and then teh import duties patable on a replacement are simply not worht the bother.

I knew what I was gtting into when I bought a cheap chinese phone so I gues sif noone else is having the issue and there are not other suggestions I'll live with it and hope Nougat fixes the issue.

Cheers all
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Regnodulous Post time 2017-04-18 15:45:20 | Show all posts
Well I can confirm - I flashed MADs Nougat rom yesterday (after a few false starts) and then encrypted my phone and the proximity sensor still works - yay!

Come on Vernee - stable bug free roms from the manufacturer really are a priority. I'm not even talkin about Nougat - just a stable v 6 ROM would be nice. Funnily enough MAD's rom seems to have fixed a few other bugs too. I'll keep people posted when I have confirmed.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules