1234Next
Return to list New
Open the left

Thank you Vernee and Mediatek!

[Copy link]
nature_boy Post time 2017-06-19 01:28:23 | Show all posts |Read mode
Just want to say thank you to Vernee and Mediatek, since I will never buy a Vernee phone or any phone with a Mediatek SoC!

Enjoy launching new crappy phones and deceiving customers!
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

Cypress Post time 2017-06-25 14:19:04 | Show all posts
I'm very satisfied with the phone. Very fast, good battery life, very stable software. The lack of updates is not a impediment to me. I'm unhappy with photos quality though. Nougat brings nothing interesting for me, so I'll stick with Marshmallow.  
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

StephanD Post time 2017-06-21 14:00:41 | Show all posts
well, we should blame Mediatek first for not releasing the sources (there is no other brand with X20 CPU and Android 7.x)

on the other side, Vernee are also failing to support their products as promised.
July 2016 patch level is not acceptable for a phone, far too many security issues, so it is a RISK to use Apollo Lite...
Even if Android 7.x is not available, we should still expect to get the monthly security updates - this has nothing to do with Mediatek....

so in total: yes, I will never buy a Vernee phone again - and likely never a phone with Mediatek SoC.
This being said, I also don't like all those Qualcomm backdoors ...
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Kolo Post time 2017-06-20 14:40:29 | Show all posts
Same here. Never again.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

theUZ Post time 2017-06-21 01:51:17 | Show all posts
Same opipion, but Mediatek is not responsible for the incompetence from Vernee
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Enforcer984 Post time 2017-06-21 08:38:13 | Show all posts
Have Mediatek sorted the problem with other brands of phone using the same cpu as ours ?
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

makx1998 Post time 2017-06-21 21:58:01 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
StephanD replied at 2017-06-21 14:00
well, we should blame Mediatek first for not releasing the sources (there is no other brand with X20 ...

Android 7.1.1 for elephone s7

Comments

is this real?  Details Reply Post time 2017-06-22 01:13
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

alsmadi_86 Post time 2017-06-22 01:13:22 | Show all posts
makx1998 replied at 2017-06-21 21:58
Android 7.1.1 for elephone s7

is this real?
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Plumplum Post time 2017-06-22 02:21:11 | Show all posts
Ok, you must know what you buy!!! A phone from an unknow brand!!!!

I have used several devices from unknow brands since years :
- Haipai x710d : no update at all
- Zopo ZP998 : some official updates from 4.2 to 4.4, no sources, no custom roms that get higher Android version than stock one
- Elephone P7000 : some official update all on Android 5.0, no sources, no full fonctionnal custom roms on Android 5.1 (without fingerprint scanner or notification led, dual sim data problems...)
- Vernee Apollo Lite : 6.0 sources, customs on 7.1.2
That's the reallity of these brands!
I like these phones a lot for what they are when I buy them, not perfects at all but I have pleasure and fun to use them...and I didn't expect than they give when I bought them.
Apollo Lite is the one that I prefer! I bougt it when 6.0 sources were out.

About update, Vernee starts very well, but it's sad to see that now, they become like other unknow brands...not better, but not worse too...
Apollo Lite is quite fast! CPU is very stable on heavy use
But I think that even if Vernee isn't able to release Android 7, they are able to push security patch and they should do!

About Mediatek, Sony or Lenovo provide a better support...
For exemple Sony Xperia C4 gets official 6.0 update (and unofficial 7.1) with the same mt6752 than Elephone P7000 that stay on 5.0...Proof that it depends on brands

It's the manufacturer that must release sources, not Mediatek...What can you do with X20 sources if you don't have sources from camera, touchpanel, fingerprint scanner...etc? Of course, they must get them from Mediatek and from the other hardware providers.
Ok Mediatek has problems to release 7.1 for X20, that must be difficult on their special decacore configuration...
It's not that easy...as you can see that Google nearly always use Qualcomm's soc and nearly never use Mediatek's (except entry level on Android One)
Sometime I even ask me if Google trolls Mediatek (see web performances on Chrome and Dolphin Browser...Dolphin is twice faster, provides 3 times better javascript performances...Chrome doesn't run Cortex A72, only Cortex A53...Dolphin does...More strange : Chrome Dev, Chrome Beta, Chrome Canary use Cortex A72!!!)
Try Mozilla Kraken on Chrome and Dolphin, it's fun to see how Chrome underperform! 3 time slower!!!
That's an unfair competition! After Wintel, we get GooComm!!!
Not only on update...CDMA/LTE patents cost is a great problem too.
Famous brands that have ressources to make updates rarely use Mediatek...Mediatek has problems to sell their best soc to them (bad sales on Mt6595, X20 and X30), Intel has problems to sell soc like Z3580 and leaves the mobilephone market, ST-Micro, Texas-Instruments, Broadcom, nVidia leave too.
Nobody buys Icera (LTE developper for nVidia) to attack Qualcomm on LTE. Even Apple didn't...

Today it's hard to provide soc for mobile phone due to LTE/CDMA patents...
Tommorow it will be even harder as Qualcomm's buy NXP and gets many NFC patents

"Never Mediatek" is like giving a monopolistic situation to Qualcomm (as Huawei and Samsung nearly sell no soc to other brands)
It allow them to sell craps that underperform like 410, 615, 808, 810...
For me it's "never Qualcomm" to avoid monopole!

Back to X20...
X27 gets official updates to 7.1.1...
It's only an overclocked X20...
I think we will see it soon on X20

To VERNEE : I just ask for informations!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

makx1998 Post time 2017-06-22 03:11:53 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
alsmadi_86 replied at 2017-06-22 01:13
is this real?

Really,really
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Bend3ris Post time 2017-06-22 03:26:29 | Show all posts
Edited by Bend3ris at 2017-06-22 03:27

Well at least Vernne should communicate in their forum. There are so many disappointed customers here, they are loosing the market place.

For example before I bought this phone it has working 4K camera [ at least I saw videos in youtube that it took 4k video] but when I received the phone - 4K recording was already disabled by updates,  and still no fixes for it.

What is more, after last update battery drains faster, I hope it will be fixed in next update after 6 or 7 month

P.S. My mother has Samsung Galaxy S4, ant it still receives software updates from Samsung.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules