123Next
Return to list New
Open the left

The state of Vernee Apollo X25, June 2017

[Copy link]
snepill Post time 2017-06-22 20:31:54 | Show all posts |Read mode
Long post warning - not suprised if TLDRed to death. Will list bullet points at the end.

I bought my Apollo x25 in Feburary 2017. The technical specs looked awesome compared to the price, the VR headset packaing and the promise of a Android 7 update "soon" as it was advertised were enticing.

Upon arrival the screen flickered. It flickerd for the first couple of days. If you want to get guaranteed VR Motion Sickness Syndrome, I suggest trying it with a flickering screen.  The problem magically disappeared on the third day, of course the day after I contacted the support staff at Gearbest. If you want your hardware to magically fix it self, contact support . Every now and then after the phone has been off for some time, the flickering returns for some time. Might be a heat issue?

The VR headset packaging is made for a face of a midget mouse. Even my 5 year old complains about it being too tight around his nose and eyes. I feel a fool for buying into this marketing gimmick.

In the following weeks I had intermittent power failures. This has become a stable of my life with the device. It randomly turns itself off, and almost always when I need it the most. Such is life in the cheap lane, I suppose.

I bought an Elephone S7 for the missus at the same time. I watch with envy everytime her phone gets updated. She got her Android 7 update this week. Same CPU. Better service.

If you check your Apollo, you will find that the latest OS updated is dated to January 2017. The more important Security Patch is dated to July 2016. The security update on the S7 is dated this week. We must remember to bake the Apollo Security Patch a cake when it turns one years old, in a weeks time. The silence from Vernee is deafening and we are being pushed into breaking our warranties by installing ROMs.

Listening to music on the device is... trying. At regular intervals the music hiccups. Holding my breath doesn't help. Cursing relieves some of the annoyance.

Contacting Vernee for details on what is to be done is an exercise in futility. I think their support department is manned by a single, blind, mute and deaf monkey, and he only works on February the 30th, between 14:00 and 2 o'clock in the afternon. Expect delays.

The promised bullet points:
1) Hardware issues range from screen, to sound, to power. Vareity is the spice of life, but this spice sucks.
2) Vernee are not interested in hearing any of our complaints or servicing us, at all. They are too busy pushing out the next gimmick loaded device with more broken promises.
3) Security is at the point where I rather turn on the ol' laptop for banking and such.
4) The promised OS update is nowhere to be seen, and their competitors are breezing past them in service and support without breaking a sweat. Note to self: always demand knowing what "soon" means in marketing lingo.
5) Don't get an Apollo 2 until they fix their s**t. Personally I'm switching to a different manufacturer, and never returing.
6) Get a smaller face.
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

cleopatra81 Post time 2017-06-29 01:25:17 | Show all posts
@Antani2 :

I have tried to do all my best to give to all the owners some Nougat roms.

The Apollo Helio X25 is not a garbage. It is a good phone.
Just one big defect : the lack of care in terms of assistance from Vernee support team.
Lot of promises about Nougat firmware. I am still waiting for a Nougat firmware.
Recently I am noticing that too many people given back their Vernee devices.
Above all the Thor E and Apollo Helio X25.
If Vernee will not change their attitude, I predict the failure.
It is a shame.

Comments

Hi cleo, Yeah, it a shame. It has all the potential to be a great device. I think the hardware is not the problem here, but the business behind it. You, by the way, are a freakin' genius for trying  Details Reply Post time 2017-08-01 20:18
@ cleopatra81 Hello Cleopatra, as you asked me on chinaphonearena, this is the story of me and the Apollo Helio X25: Coming from a Samsung S4 Mini (I9595), rooted and running under CM12 (Lollip  Details Reply Post time 2017-07-02 16:56
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Author| snepill Post time 2017-06-22 20:34:52 | Show all posts
Oh yeah, by the way... I contacted my reseller and I got shop credit for this POS device. I suggest you do the same, if we punch them in the wallet they will maybe finally listen.

Comments

I contacted Gearbest customer support. They will try to yank you around for a little while, but don't give up. I sent them photos of the original sellers page, showing the details promised. I also sen  Details Reply Post time 2017-08-01 20:21
How do you advice on doing that? I bought the phine off of gearbest, if I contact support saying the phone is bad and has bad customer support, do you think I'll get something refunded?  Details Reply Post time 2017-07-19 10:47
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

e8hffff Post time 2017-06-24 03:13:29 | Show all posts
Edited by e8hffff at 2017-06-24 03:33

I find my Jiayu S3 (MTK6752) with Xtreme Rom is faster than this Vernee x25 based phone.  My Jiayu blazes in all the OS operations which is a clear sign that the Vernee Official ROM is nasty and poorly compiled.  It really is a shame Vernee has more or less collapsed since they had something special for quality at the start.    For the VR, it lacks a button to navigate the various VR software, other words you have to keep pulling out the phone to skip apps or get past options that aren't chosen via the volume buttons, and that's a killer to even want to use it.  I hoped to watch movies with the VR mask.  I would never buy Vernee again or any phone without a proven update history and community.

The amazing thing is China has a mass of Android coders, but somehow Vernee struggles to get anyone in their software department other than building the first interation of the system for any new phone.

(Google Translater, in hope Vernee staff read.)

我发现我的Jiayu S3(MTK6752)与Xtreme Rom比这款基于Vernee x25的手机更快。 我的Jiayu在所有操作系统操作中都是这样的,这是一个明确的迹象,即Vernee官方ROM是糟糕而且编译不好的。 真的是一个耻辱Vernee已经或多或少崩溃了,因为他们在开始时有一些特别的质量。 对于VR,它缺少一个按钮来导航各种VR软件,其他的话你必须不断拉出手机来跳过应用程序或者通过音量按钮来选择过去的选项,这是一个杀手,甚至想要 用它。 我希望用VR面具看电影。 我永远不会再购买Vernee或任何没有经过验证的更新历史和社区的手机。

令人惊奇的是,中国拥有大量的Android编程人员,但是不知何故,Vernee正努力让任何人在他们的软件部门,而不是为任何新手机建立系统的第一次互动。

Wǒ fāxiàn wǒ de Jiayu S3(MTK6752) yǔ Xtreme Rom bǐ zhè kuǎn jīyú Vernee x25 de shǒujī gèng kuài. Wǒ de Jiayu zài suǒyǒu cāozuò xìtǒng cāozuò zhōng dōu shì zhèyàng de, zhè shì yīgè míngquè de jīxiàng, jí Vernee guānfāng ROM shì zāogāo érqiě biānyì bù hǎo de. Zhēn de shì yīgè chǐrǔ Vernee yǐjīng huò duō huò shǎo bēngkuìle, yīnwèi tāmen zài kāishǐ shí yǒu yīxiē tèbié de zhìliàng. Duìyú VR, tā quēshǎo yīgè ànniǔ lái dǎoháng gè zhǒng VR ruǎnjiàn, qítā dehuà nǐ bìxū bùduàn lā chū shǒujī lái tiàoguò yìngyòng chéngxù huòzhě tōngguò yīnliàng ànniǔ lái xuǎnzé guòqù de xuǎnxiàng, zhè shì yīgè shāshǒu, shènzhì xiǎng yào yòng tā. Wǒ xīwàng yòng VR miànjù kàn diànyǐng. Wǒ yǒngyuǎn bù huì zài gòumǎi Vernee huò rènhé méiyǒu jīngguò yànzhèng de gēngxīn lìshǐ hé shèqū de shǒujī.

Lìng rén jīngqí de shì, zhōngguó yǒngyǒu dàliàng de Android biānchéng rényuán, dànshì bùzhī hégù,Vernee zhèng nǔlì ràng rènhé rén zài tāmen de ruǎnjiàn bùmén, ér bùshì wèi rènhé xīn shǒujī jiànlì xìtǒng de dì yī cì hùdòng.

Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

alexnov Post time 2017-06-26 20:13:44 | Show all posts
I solved the countless problems with this awful phone... I bought a new mobile phone...

Comments

Same here... What did you get?  Details Reply Post time 2017-08-01 20:21
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Antani2 Post time 2017-06-28 23:47:48 | Show all posts
yeah this mobile is total shit.
thanks cleopatra for the effort but this mobile is total shit. I am gonna write to the seller.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

TelegramSam Post time 2017-07-02 16:56:20 | Show all posts

my personal opinion

Edited by TelegramSam at 2017-07-03 00:16
cleopatra81 replied at 2017-06-29 01:25
@Antani2 :

I have tried to do all my best to give to all the owners some Nougat roms.

Coming from a Samsung S4 Mini (I9595).

My first impressions under original stock ROM were quite promising.
The display is really good and Marshmallow was a step forward for me (and as my seller told, nougat was promised).
But due to the really poor battery life time and the fake fingerprint sensor, disappointment grew soon.
VR did never work for me and seemst to be just a bad marketing gag.
As I found no real help in my common home forum (android-hilfe.de) I looked over the steeple and registered in xda-developers and chinaphonearena forums, where I found out, that a female owner seems to be the only developer for the Apollo X25.

Asking for help in this questions I got in contact with an other owner who had been on the same trip already and reported similar experiences.
At this point he already had sold his Apollo X25 due to the missing support by Vernee.
As I was unsecure what to do and he lives in my neighborhood, we met and did some tests together.
An owner recommended me urgently, to return the device if I had the chance to do that.
He was convinced, there is not to expect any further support for this device by Vernee

Comments

Don't see what gender has to do with the great work Cleo is doing. The only light in the darkness when it comes to this device.  Details Reply Post time 2017-08-01 20:23
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

TelegramSam Post time 2017-07-02 20:42:25 | Show all posts

duplicate message

Edited by TelegramSam at 2017-07-03 00:16

Same as above.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

cbs3000 Post time 2017-07-03 14:59:52 | Show all posts

No support - no customers

Edited by cbs3000 at 2017-07-03 15:33

As I am the owner who caused TelegramSam to return the phone, I probably should explain my advice a bit more detailed. My Apollo X25 was bought in January in hope on an active community and company support, similar to the scene I watched for the Apollo light at this time. After three months of standstill I was happy, to hear of Cleopatra's activities, because the original stock ROM, due to the battery drain, does not allow a reasonable use of the device. Thank Cleopatra's support I could at least test the device in daily use for nine days. The first week of that it ran under ResurrectionRemix 5.8.3 Final and the next three days under the last version of modded stock ROM. The ROMs were published by Cleopatra at needrom.com.
RR was in result not suitable for me, as I watched difficulties with detection of simcards (when using two cards) and instable connections. WiFi was also instable. Over that tehering did not work and sometimes there were up to 10 seconds lags when the phone should wake up from stand by (which is especially unpleasant, when the screen stays dark in case of an incoming call).
Steping back to Marshmellow I found simcard detection and tehering working and connections were stable. As the battery drain problem is only fixed in the nougat ROMs I had to install a separate bootshell app to expand the battery life time over a normal day.
As there were a lot of minor bugs (I only name camera/flashlight and fingerprint at this place) I was glad to find a buyer who took the device with a loss of 50 percent after six month of ownership.
Last update - for me last sign of life - by Vernee was in January, five months ago at the day I sold the device. Last update by Cleopatra several weeks ago from the day of sale (I don't hold it against her, because I know, she's left alone from the Vernee company). This indicates a dying device and so nobody should wonder, why I recommend not to buy it.

@ TelegramSam
Thank you for learning your lesson. Please check your emails.

Now playing:
Pippo Pollina - Il sole che verrà
Live at Savoy Theater Duesseldorf (Germany), 2017 Jan., 26 (unofficial)
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

lucafr Post time 2017-07-04 17:56:58 | Show all posts
I bought X25 among the first in December ... in my experience there is only one immense bug: bad reception, in places where the signal is weaker loses connection, both voice and data, I hoped that an official upgrade to Nougat would fix this bug , I was also trusted by see the upgrades of the lite model, today unfortunately I do not mind anyone buying a Vernee model
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules