Open the left

Bugs, Fixes and Updates!

[Copy link]
megalore Post time 2016-05-11 18:09:50 | Show all posts
Hi,
I can confirm this issue. I had to remove PIN code from both my sim cards in order to use the phone, after setting a finger print check.
Thanks for your help.
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

tih23 Post time 2016-05-12 19:53:04 | Show all posts
Hi,

I just got the phone, and try turning it on. But the phone doesn´t start, there is only white window with message "Android is starting... Starting apps". This message is there already 30 minutes and nothing is happening. I can´t even turn the phone off. Does anyone have any advice, please? Thanks
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

ZeDdY Post time 2016-05-13 04:37:55 | Show all posts
Can't do update via OTA, giving the error message "SD card not found". I didn't tried with an SD card yet because I don't own one, but at least you get to know about this "bug". I think no one has the obligation of using an sd card just because the phone has a slot for that.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

koegs Post time 2016-05-13 15:46:01 | Show all posts
OTA can be installed without SDCard, at least on my Thor.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

david91 Post time 2016-05-13 16:11:36 | Show all posts
Hello

I am a happy Vernee Thor 4g owner and I like to send you my congratulations for the excellent product you engineered.

In order to improve the device, I like to send you my feedback on the smartphone after the SW update on May 1.
•        Battery is unable to reach 100% charge (but only 94%) even after prolonged charging time (overnight).
•        Battery charging is slow, far away from 1.5hrs as advertised on the website
•        Sometime, while activating the screen using fingerprint sensor, google search window open up instead of the expected android home;  in some instances, also the notification windows open up with a little freezing effect.
•        Is it normal that the camera autofocus take all the power resulting then in a very light power of the flash?

Thanks in advance for your help
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

ZeDdY Post time 2016-05-13 16:19:41 | Show all posts
koegs replied at 2016-05-13 15:46
OTA can be installed without SDCard, at least on my Thor.

Not in mine. It stays at 0%, takes ~15s to give the message that "sd card not found" and stops the update that never started.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Genius95 Post time 2016-05-13 22:37:45 | Show all posts
Edited by Genius95 at 2016-05-14 01:39

I think that any Thor with problems updating, probably, have some others weird problems. When the phone talks about "sd card", I think that the Thor wants to download the update in a wrong path.
"Sd card", for Android, is usually the Internal Memory.

Other Things / Advices:

Yeah, the menu button is useless! So, in the next update, such others users suggested, inserting some options to modify the buttons is obbligatory.

Recently opened apps - home - back! It's perfect like this.

There are this light lags scrolling in Settings, PlayStore or anything with a list. Probably is the Touch that is too much sensible, or I don't know what.

Insert others and remove many "tiles" from the scrollbar is something really useful, because I don't need half of them.
The important is the possibility to modify these voices!
I want to pass from 2G/3G/4G directly from there.  

Anyway, this phone can be better! The software needs many changes, and some people interested from XDA and so.

A tip for the moment: Active the Developers Settings and set all animations to 0,5x.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

enetzlsg Post time 2016-05-13 23:03:22 | Show all posts
Edited by enetzlsg at 2016-05-13 23:06

Yeah, thats it! I'd add the lockscreen thing I said (its annoying as hell).

I'll quote myself:

Hi there, Vernee people!

I received the phone past monday and there are some things I think you should change or fix.

First of all, I think Android Marshmallow doesn't need a menu button. Phone's capacitive buttons are menu - home (long press for recently opened apps) - back. Really, who uses menu button in 2016? And if it's really needed, why not to add it's function by holding the recently opened apps button?
So, I suggest this button configuration: recently opened apps - home - back.

Don't you perceive an annoying little stop when scrolling the screen slowly? I mean, open settings and scroll the scren from top to down, slowly. Isn't there some kind of little lag?

Lockscreen: Why not to use the stock android lockscreen? The one we have is laggy as fuck, try scrolling up notifications, it lags the fuck out. Moreover, there's no option to expand the statusbar.

Let us know what you think of it all.

Thanks.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

ZeDdY Post time 2016-05-13 23:33:03 | Show all posts
This company could has the chance of giving both sides of users: Vernee OS and Customizable android for "advanced" users. Would do a great marketing of the name for sure, and internet is here to show us that we love free will to change in our best individual interest.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Genius95 Post time 2016-05-14 01:13:13 | Show all posts
Edited by Genius95 at 2016-05-14 01:38

Another small bug I've found:
From the tile in the scrollbar, it's impossible to maintain the "Horizontal view" locked. If I choose the "Auto-rotate" option, than turn the screen and press it again, it returns in a "Portrait" or "Vertical View".
Video Link

Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules