12Next
Return to list New
Open the left

THOR E: BUGS BY EACH ROM UPDATE

[Copy link]
donlotario Post time 2017-08-24 15:17:16 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by donlotario at 2017-08-25 02:48

I have a Thor E and I think it could de very usefull to know all the bugs wich have each different ROM so we can decide if update or downgrade. As I can remember, the best one was the first one but, I´m not sure.

Mi Thor E have the Thor_E_2017_08_09 version (check the last line of the Settings/Phone Information)

I have the next bugs:
-Auto bright screen up and down without ambient lights changes
-Maps unusable because permanent changes of position
-Compass isn´t present (but it was with the olders ROMS)
-Left sensor of bottom of the screen (navigations "buttons") doesn't work at all
-High battery drain with 3g-4g changes
-Dura speed doesn't work
-Audio left channel doesn't work on web navigation so, you have to configure it as mono.
-Wifi icon doesn't show low wifi and quick lost of signal

What ROM do you have and whats are your bugs??

Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

bppjenil Post time 2017-08-28 19:55:01 | Show all posts
Just wait for few days, Cleopatra may help building other custom ROM...
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

bppjenil Post time 2017-08-26 14:44:28 | Show all posts
Ricasete replied at 2017-08-26 03:36
Thanks for the feedback.

Have you tried the gps? Is accurate?

Yes GPS is working perfect
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Nutzz Post time 2017-08-24 15:42:03 | Show all posts
Hello,

I also noticed some of these bugs with the Thor_E_20170809 version :

- Maps (or other GPS Apps) are unusable due to permanent changes of position
- Left "button" under the screen doesn't work very well. Even if I use "Buttons swap", it's the left one that doesn't work, so it's not a problem whith back function"

I didn't noticed other bugs that you mention @donlotario.

But I still have these bugs (already presents in older versions) :
- when I switch from E-ink mode to normal mode, I have to choose my launcher (I use Google Launcher instead of Vernee Launcher)
- when I switch from E-ink mode to normal mode, I lose my configuration in notification panel
- when bluetooth device is activated with smart lock, fingerprint sensor doesn't wake up the phone. it works well if bluetooth is off
- during a phone call, sound level isn't very loud
- during a phone call, keyboard appears and my ear or my face touches button on the screen and even hangs up the phone. I don't have this problem if I de-activate "double tap to wake up".

Please Vernee, corrects these bugs and the Thor e will be an almost perfect phone !

Comments

I don't expect a solution. In fact, every new OTA added new bugs and no one has been solved. Then, the only solution (bad but the only one possible) is to downgrade to the older ROM wich seems to be t  Details Reply Post time 2017-08-25 01:14
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| donlotario Post time 2017-08-25 01:14:58 | Show all posts
Edited by donlotario at 2017-08-25 01:16
Nutzz replied at 2017-08-24 15:42
Hello,

I also noticed some of these bugs with the Thor_E_20170809 version :

I don't expect a solution. In fact, every new OTA added new bugs and no one of them has been solved. Then, the only solution (bad, but the only one possible) is to downgrade to the older ROM wich seems to be the best one.

Comments

Hi friends, Because of these bugs problem I already downgraded to the first ROM 24-05-2017. And I got compass back. After hearing all the above bugs I dont want to upgrade again until I'll get good  Details Reply Post time 2017-08-25 16:26
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

bppjenil Post time 2017-08-25 16:26:34 | Show all posts
donlotario replied at 2017-08-25 01:14
I don't expect a solution. In fact, every new OTA added new bugs and no one of them has been solve ...

Hi friends,
Because of these bugs problem I already downgraded to the first ROM 24-05-2017. And I got compass back.
After hearing all the above bugs I dont want to upgrade again until I'll  get good ROM specially with compass.
In fact I love the phone..
We pray Vernee engineers will solve all these bugs as soon as possible. I could see Vernee phone market is growing globally.
Thanks.

Comments

Thanks for the feedback? Have you tried the gps? Is accurate?  Details Reply Post time 2017-08-26 03:36
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Ricasete Post time 2017-08-26 03:36:53 | Show all posts
bppjenil replied at 2017-08-25 16:26
Hi friends,
Because of these bugs problem I already downgraded to the first ROM 24-05-2017. And I ...

Thanks for the feedback.

Have you tried the gps? Is accurate?

Comments

Yes GPS is working perfect  Details Reply Post time 2017-08-26 14:44
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Ricasete Post time 2017-08-28 19:35:00 | Show all posts
What is the best way to downgrade to the first rom?
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Nutzz Post time 2017-08-29 23:53:00 | Show all posts
@Vernee Team :

left button under screen not responding, unusable GPS and battery drain with 3g-4g changes are just unacceptable bugs. Can you tell us if you are working on these bugs (and others) ?
And what about the compass ?

Thanks for your answer ;-)

@bppjenil : I don't know who is Cleopatra but I'm in a hurry to see what she's going to build

Comments

I've found a solution for my left soft button. I suspected it could be a hardware problem so I did as you see in the picture for a full night and it works fine again. Be carefull and use some kind of  Details Reply Post time 2017-08-31 16:52
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

bppjenil Post time 2017-08-30 14:51:32 | Show all posts
I saw the post of Cleopatra in www.chinaphonearena.com and some custom ROM of Vernee phones in www.needrom.com
So i have some hopes she will build custom rom foe Thor_E.
If Vernee engineers will give 100% working ROM I dont want to look anywhere.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules