Open the left

Mars Pro - No Service with any SIM

[Copy link]
glad89 Post time 2017-10-01 05:55:59 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have tested this phone with various sim cards from network providers in the US that are compatible with the phones bands. With the APN settings correct and a new sim card, the phone says it has no service. The sim card is recognized by the phone but I only have emergency calls. These sim cards I have used all work in other phones. The IMEI is showing when I press *#06#. When I access *#*#4636#*#* the preferred network is always set to unknown even if I change it and the radio is always set to off even if I change it. I've tried rebooting to no avail, factory resetting, reset the drm and network settings, and I've downloaded the ROM from vernee and installed it via the wireless update. Anybody have similiar issues and a way to solve it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

Wiggles Post time 2017-10-09 17:38:19 | Show all posts
So the IMEI is detected? If not you can change this with * # 6813 #!
After that you should do a reboot
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

magicart87 Post time 2018-01-08 12:10:39 | Show all posts
Edited by magicart87 at 2018-01-08 12:29

The problem is simple. The Vernee Mars Pro phone does not work in the US!  It may be unlocked for "worldwide use" but the cell bands available only work in UK/European countries. The phone does not have any common carrier bands that work in the North America. More importantly it's missing a key band, Band 2 frequency which offers LTE speed in the US.

I made the mistake of purchasing the Vernee Mars Pro only to find this out after the fact. The phone is useless in the US. You can get 2g speeds but 2g is nearing extinction in the marketplace, 2g is archaic and very slow. The limited number of working cellular bands is somewhat troubling and embarasing for a company that is touting this product as a "flasgship model" phone.

Vernee needs more cell bands. Mars Pro need to work in the US.  There are currently no BYOD simcard companies in the US that work with this phone. This phone does not work in the US.

-- I will be requesting a refund as this device (and nearly ALL vernee phones do not wholly work in North America)

Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules