Open the left

PPP password and original SIM turned off

[Copy link]
papagalovrt Post time 2017-10-18 05:42:53 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi all,
I desperately need some help. My Vernee Apollo locked itself and is asking me for Privacy Protection Password that I don't have at the moment (if at all!). Here is how I managed it (spoiler: stupidity required):
I added second (foreign) SIM while at home, went abroad, turned original SIM off to avoid roaming costs and happily used second SIM only. Than I replaced second SIM with newer version (to attain 4G) and my Apollo greeted me with the screen asking for my PPP. I asked my designated trustee person to send message #mima# to my Vernee but there was no reply, because my original SIM has been turned OFF! I tried restarting phone and taking sims in and out and switching slot positions,  but phone keeps original SIM turned off. Is there some way to force phone to turn my original sim card on? Also, I don't remember creating any PPP password: is there some factory preset PPP password?
Btw: I have fingerprint reader working fine from day one,  and yet system is forcing me to supply ppp, ignoring fingerprint authentication!  Unreal...
So, any advice (including don't do stupid things) would be greatly appreciated.
P.S.
I just got home and my Apollo did NOT recognise it as trusted location, probably because at the moment of the locking,  I had location services turned off,  as well as WiFi receiver. So, it is still asking me to supply PPP.  |I am getting quite desperate, so, if some one knows solution to this situation, please advise!
Thanks!                           
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

cleopatra81 Post time 2017-10-19 17:30:56 | Show all posts
@papagalovrt :

Still no response from Vernee support ?  WOW ...

I suggest you to flash once again the stock rom.

Regards

Comments

Dear Cleopatra81, first of all thank you sooo much for response: I feel like a man lost in the desert, so any word has soothing effect! No, there is still no response from Vernee, and I have  Details Reply Post time 2017-10-19 23:28
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| papagalovrt Post time 2017-10-19 23:28:39 | Show all posts
cleopatra81 replied at 2017-10-19 17:30
@papagalovrt :

Still no response from Vernee support ?  WOW ...

Dear Cleopatra81,

first of all thank you sooo much for response: I feel like a man lost in the desert, so any word has soothing effect!  

No, there is still no response from Vernee, and I have submited official ticket 24 hours ago, giving all my credentials to prove that i am rightful owner of this phone.

I wanted to try Android Multi Tools, following tutorial "[Guide]Unlocking Android Protection Code Without Reset Or Root" from https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397797 but I just can not mount Verne Apollo: it stays "invisible" to Windows 10 as well as Linux Mint 18?! Bought new data cable -- still the same.

At the moment I am tempted to hard reset my Apollo: I know it will still ask me for PP password, but I hope that, after reset, it might turn my SIM card ON.

If that does not word, I will have to flush some ROM: do I understand correctly that you recommend me to go for stock ROM, and not for one of yours MODs or ROMs?

Best regards
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| papagalovrt Post time 2017-10-19 23:43:55 | Show all posts
YES!
I just did hard reset of my Vernee. As I  expected, it still asked me for PPP password, but this time my SIM card was activated, so my trustee finally got answer to SMS message #mima#, with ppp in it!!! So, my Vernee is unlocked again, but all data that I had is gone! I really love Apollo phone hardware, but company Vernee   S-U-C-K-S!!!!  I shall advise AGAINST buying anything from Vernee, at any forum, any you tube vlog I find.  FUV!!!  
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules