Open the left

Adups Fota Malware

[Copy link]
NoOne Post time 2017-12-27 09:38:52 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by NoOne at 2017-12-28 19:38

Hello,

I highly suspect the latest OTA update to install/activate the Adups Fota Malware as I hadn't any problem (see details below) before, and always kept my phone up-to-date.

Indeed, since then, my ES File Manager detects activity on the com.adups.fota folder, especially with the "FotaUpdate.apk" which would send my privacy.
I also think that it allows remote control as I got notified that a random "test.txt" file got created from nowhere.

If I'm right, someone knows how can I solve this ? My phone has now root access.

Thanks

Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

Author| NoOne Post time 2017-12-31 05:53:20 | Show all posts
Edited by NoOne at 2017-12-31 05:59

--- Self-Reply ---

With root access, delete adups fota folders in "system" and "android\data".

Without root access, use Debloater, search for it on the xda-developers forum (DOES NOT WORK WITH ANDROID NOUGAT).

Good luck

EDIT: If you wanna root your phone, tutorials are available on Internet. HOWEVER, if you have android 7.0, search for a *.img file adapted for THOR ANDROID 7.0 (you'll find one on xda-developers' forum, they considered it as "to be tested" but it worked in my case (I decline any responsability of your acts)). Indeed, other *.img files that tutorials make you use in SP flash tool won't allow you to get TWRP in Reboot mode as they are adapted for android 6 or below.
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules