Open the left

Apollo camera sensor

[Copy link]
Juliuss Post time 2017-12-28 17:01:38 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

I was disappointed by the photo quality of the Apollo, tried diffrerent camera apps without success. Then I tried checking the camera sensor. I used app Device info HW and it says that camera sensor is imx258, not imx230 (13 mp instead of 21 mp) and that software is 21 mp. Then I took raw photo from engeneer mode and it is 13 mp.

You can see everything in screenshots I attached.

DOes this mean than the sensor is wrong? As I undersatnd the sensor is clearly not 21 mp, what guarantee do I have that it is a Sony sensor at all? I have an old zenfone 2 phone with 13 mp camera and photos are even better than Apollo's.

Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

Garite Post time 2018-02-25 20:15:35 | Show all posts
my camera does not focus anymore shows that it's focused more is not it gets all foggy
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Relief66 Post time 2018-03-01 04:02:53 | Show all posts
where is your screenshot? I have tryed on my phone and show the correct model imx230mipiraw 21 mp, probably is yours phone that mounted another camera model. Also on Apollo Lite there are many version of sensors, but Vernee never says about it to their customers.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

e8hffff Post time 2018-03-05 20:29:58 | Show all posts
Edited by e8hffff at 2018-03-05 20:52

Chinese sold phones are renowned for bad camera management and drivers.   Consider how bad Vernee is with software support and you can guess why the camera is so bad.  Your detection software maybe doing a poor job of reading hardware id's.  Try "Device Info HW" app.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

e8hffff Post time 2018-03-05 20:49:42 | Show all posts
My Vernee x25 detects Sony imx230_mipi_raw and a imx219_mipi_raw components.  It's about the best items it detects.  Others are reported showing mode ability, so you should also see the lower mode of imx258_mipi_raw.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Juliuss Post time 2018-03-18 22:02:01 | Show all posts

This is the image. Vernee doeas not respond to my ticket. I tried contacting Vernee through Aliexpress (I bought it from official store). They do not answer to my questions, only saying everything is fine.

Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Juliuss Post time 2018-03-18 22:02:55 | Show all posts
https://imgur.com/uKIHWN8
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Juliuss Post time 2018-03-18 22:31:24 | Show all posts
these are the answers of officaial vernee store: https://imgur.com/5T5lIXe
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules