Open the left

Replacing battery on original thor

[Copy link]
tjfs Post time 2018-01-20 17:48:26 | Show all posts |Read mode
There is now an ifixit guide on how to do this.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/ver ... +Replacement/102443

Tim
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

vess_csm Post time 2018-01-21 06:05:50 | Show all posts
Thanks
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

Sammy Post time 2018-02-27 07:29:48 | Show all posts
Edited by Sammy at 2018-03-01 08:02

Thanks a lot! The battery of my original Vernee Thor was bad now after 1.5 years of daily use, but I ordered a replacement and with your guide it was really easy to replace!

Two minor problems I encountered:

1. The white adhesive tape snapped under my old battery which gave me a little bit of trouble at first: When I tried to wrestle the old battery out of my phone I noticed that the battery is actually quite fragile. I lifted the battery on one side and then the whole battery bend a bit in the middle, and I thought: "Oh wow, I should be really careful here, the battery itself actually seems quite soft. Li-Io batteries can catch fire or even explode, so I definitely don't want to bend this old battery too much while trying to get it off the white adhesive tape."
But then I was a little bit careful and got the old battery out just fine, and the installation of the new battery was no problem, and everything worked well.

2. The new battery worked fine for a couple of days and I was very happy with the new one.
However today I received a "battery overheating" message and the phone turned off itself and I couldn't turn it on again. The whole phone was cool to the touch however, so I suspected that there must be a faulty temperature sensor reading somewhere.

I opened up my phone again and found that the aluminum battery cover plate has sharp edges, and this sharp edge might have scratched the brown flat battery cable just a bit. (See the red arrows on my picture).

I can't be sure, but I suspect that there's a temperature sensor in the battery and the aluminum cover plate scratched the battery cable just enough so that it had trouble getting a proper temperature reading from the battery. The flat battery cable was not obviously damaged to the point where I was thinking : "Wow, this might give me a short circuit and the whole battery might catch fire/explode", but it had a little kink and seemed a bit scratched, so I thought: I don't notice any other thing obviously wrong here, so maybe this is the problem.

I removed the sharp edge of the aluminum battery cover with a file, put some electrical insulating tape around the brown flat battery cable, closed everything up again, and the phone seems to be working fine again. No false "battery overheat" errors or other problems.

I can't be completely sure yet if my little repair fixed my false battery temperature readings, but everything seems to work fine again so far.

Long story short: If you replace your battery, take a look at the aluminum cover and the battery cable and think about if there's enough space, or if this might give you trouble.

Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules