Open the left

My Thor can't boot right now!

[Copy link]
SeccoTiez Post time 2016-05-13 04:07:27 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by SeccoTiez at 2016-05-13 04:10

Hi, I've just received your Vernee Thor.
A friend of mine has it, and it works perfectly.

My model after the boot up and the logo "Vernee", it just shutdown itself. I can't even reach the lockscreen!
If I attached it to an USB charger, even the one in the box, it stays in a boot loop.

I think that this phone is a fault one, and the memory is corrupted or without any software installed.

I've bought it from GearBest with Italy Express, I should contact them?
Can you do that for me or send me another one?

A video to proof what I'm saying:

https://youtu.be/HkodAcz1qvs
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

Genius95 Post time 2016-05-13 04:17:52 | Show all posts
I'm his friend, and I can absolutely say that my Thor works perfectly fine!

After the news of the Europe Warranty, we are a bit more calm.
But I think that he deserves a working phone, shipped with the same method.

We are waiting for GearBest, so thanks for your support! ; )

P.S: We are italian, of course.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Author| SeccoTiez Post time 2016-05-13 04:15:07 | Show all posts
I've just send a mail to GearBest, I'm waiting for a reply!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

ZeDdY Post time 2016-05-13 04:27:01 | Show all posts
Have you tried with a SIM card? I'm just speculating that could have a bug that don't boot up for first time without SIM card. Probably you tried with SIM card and my comment it's not necessary. Anywwy, sorry for that to you. That would be frustrating receive a phone and not be able to use it
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Floghi Post time 2016-09-02 00:46:08 | Show all posts
Edited by Floghi at 2016-09-02 00:47

I got exactly the same problem after 2 month of perfect use.
More explicit video are there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQSQhLMNx3Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYvMxOmdIXs
The problem is not an isolate case as we are at least 3 to meet it..

The first sign was a recurrent pop up message with "battery over-heating" but the phone was idle and not hot at all.
Any support from vernee team ?
Must i send it back to the shop (bought at ebay vendor http://www.ebay.com/usr/geekstech008?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754) ?

Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Lutchor Post time 2016-09-03 00:46:38 | Show all posts
I have exactly the same problem. the 'bootloop' J bought the phone in Desoon on Aliexpress. they do not respond to my messages. This is a problem material! Very poor service after sale and a very bad publicity for a new brand
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Lutchor Post time 2016-09-03 00:50:19 | Show all posts
my phone is apollo lite Vernee, same problem as Thor
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| SeccoTiez Post time 2016-09-03 22:29:08 | Show all posts
i solved the problem.

Smartphone resended back.

Peace
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

TheDuDe. Post time 2016-09-03 23:14:34 | Show all posts
Did Gearbest offer you a refund or repair or exchange the smartfone?
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

fuffa Post time 2016-09-21 16:51:59 | Show all posts
Hello mates, i have exactly the same issue.
I joined a topic about battery overheating, the symptoms are exactly the same for few of us.
Message about overheating and then after few minutes it turns off.
Something i noticed about this, that might help you use the phone despite this:
- when it turns off, leave it cool down for few minutes. Then restart it but keep pressed the power on button until it "hardware reset". sometime i have to repeat the forced-off 3 or 4 times before it restart.
- don't charge the phone after it turned off for Over-Temp or the phone will boot-loop trying to charge all the time. You will end up with a fully depleted battery as it keeps trying to boot over and over.
- to charge in a safe way, power down by regular power off, then connect it to the charger.
I just noticed that using the standard USB port of my laptop, the message shows up and the battery don't charge at all.
I work as an engineer into chip microelectronic, i don't want to look vain but i know a bit about silicon.
This is either a battery issue or a wrong threshold into the software that tells the phone to power-off for safety. I'd love Vernee to fix this issue because i love the product they did but this way the phone is totally unreliable....
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules