Open the left

Can I charge my Vernee Apollo Lite with a 3.1a charger?

[Copy link]
lukinhasb Post time 2018-06-08 20:46:31 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

I've bought this little guy to charge my phone in my motorcycle, and it outputs 5V 3.1A:

Can I safely use it to charge my Vernee Apollo Lite?

While searching the matter I found two opinions:

A) The phone will only drain the necessary amount from the charger, thus the higher amperage doesn't matter, as long as the voltage is equal.
B) The phone will be "addicted" to the higher voltage and won't charge properly with the regular charger anymore.

Which one is true?
Thanks!
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

kokolo Post time 2018-06-13 00:20:51 | Show all posts
Hi, that is no problem.
A is true.

Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

kszaboa Post time 2018-07-14 22:20:48 | Show all posts
Edited by kszaboa at 2018-07-14 22:24

A is true
B is nonsense
if you need fast charge, look for a pump express featured one.
btw, this charger does not offer "higher voltage", just 5V, only higher amperage (current), which is not always used, the phone determines how much it takes. Pump express would mean higher voltage (up to 9V with the original Vernee wall charger)
btw 2: higher volatges and pump express fast charge kicks in only with the screen off (in standby). If you use your phone on your motorcycle with screen on (for gps etc) it wont use higher voltages.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules