Open the left

Thor arrived

[Copy link]
addutzu Post time 2016-05-18 14:48:22 | Show all posts |Read mode
just got my thor so i will come back soon to write more about it
@Chris - please post the ROM on the service page cause i'm gonna screw with the software and probably gonna brick the phone soon
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

Author| addutzu Post time 2016-05-18 22:01:03 | Show all posts
so here it goes, after a few hours of testing:

-the box looks premium, better than a lot of much more expensive phones, and contains: the phone, the charger, the usb/charging cable(both white-don't like that, should be same colour as phone), and the user manual/warranty card(useless)

about the phone:
-looks awesome and feels great, came with a very ugly protective film on the screen which i removed
-back cover is very hard to remove, i was actually afraid it will break, has a lot of plastic clamps so you have to force it open(i don't recommend opening it too often, so put a sim card in it and leave it there)
-i had no problem with putting in sim cards or tf card and puting back the cover(people said cover don't close properly-that didn't happen to me)
-the screen looks more than awesome, on and off, colours are very warm, large view angles, easy on the eye, i even did the waterdrop test on it like in vernee video
-the buttons: *power&volume are hard plastic, almost feel ceramic(have a nexus 5 in the other hand so i can compare), but without the sharp edges, and well positioned
                  *capacitive buttons are there but not there, you don't feel them, just see the dots and square, which is a plus for me-i just love those buttons, but their functions need reassigning-menu is 99% useless(as i said before-coming form nexus vanilla android-i never needed menu for last 2 years)
-fingerprint scanner WORKS, but you have to push your finger on it(it's a very cheap phone people, stop expecting expensive features and hardware), for more accuracy scan the same finger 2-3 times
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| addutzu Post time 2016-05-18 22:28:50 | Show all posts
Edited by addutzu at 2016-05-18 22:39

about the software:

-on first boot it does not require any settings, goes directly to homescreen; that's a no-no, should ask for wifi connection(won't go to mobile data cause has no APN configured) and google account to update apps, you have to do that manually
-OS is like vanilla andoid with a pinch of cinnamon, clean marshmallow with just a few extra apps, like: browser(also has chrome there, but not default), messaging(also has hangouts), file manager, music and uber
*if the OS was any smoother i could compare it to stock android on nexus 5(which was about 4 times the price of thor)
*you will get a bit of lag when scrolling lists like app drawer or facebook wall, but it is almost invisible to the untrained eye
-cameras look good so far, but lower quality than expected from 5/13MP, but again: you want cheap, you get cheap; i have seen more expensive phones with even worse cameras
can't say much about hardware performance cause i didn't test much, tried only 1game Vainglory which ran perfectly on old N5, but was laggy on thor, playable but laggy
nothing to say about the fastcharging issue cause i did not plug it in yet, but not a problem for me if battery lasts for the day and charging at night(still want the free case though)
-ran antutu on thor and got 36736, a bit lower than the vernee video, but i had some apps installed before running benchmark

and that's about it
i ordered thor for me but i will give it to someone who just broke their phone, second time, and thor costs about same as repairing old one. i will play with it for a day or two before we part ways
for the nut cracking test i will request feedback from the person with screen breaking experience

so i will be on my old nexus 5 until appolo lite

keep up the good work vernee and do not forget to update your phones
almost forgot: tried like a dozen root methods and none worked so far; i recommend not trying to root until vernee makes rom available for download
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| addutzu Post time 2016-05-18 22:37:15 | Show all posts
suggestions:

-remove the homescreen search bar and use google now
-remove browser(is very ugly and very slow) and use chrome
-reconfigure or let user configure the buttons
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

alper061 Post time 2016-05-19 02:00:06 | Show all posts
Thanks this!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Chriscustom service Post time 2016-05-19 11:33:13 | Show all posts
addutzu replied at 2016-05-18 22:28
about the software:

-on first boot it does not require any settings, goes directly to homescreen; ...

Thanks so much for the detailed review, which is both great and professional.

Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| addutzu Post time 2016-05-19 12:50:59 | Show all posts
Chris replied at 2016-05-19 11:33
Thanks so much for the detailed review, which is both great and professional.

popped my review cherry - this was my first
i forgot to write some things, and now i am to lazy to do it, maybe someone who will use thor for more than 2 days will write some more
i will just be lurking around the forum waiting for appolo lite
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| addutzu Post time 2016-05-19 16:32:07 | Show all posts
my score after factory reset

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| addutzu Post time 2016-05-20 17:28:52 | Show all posts
small inconvenience that needs fixing:
when you install new app it automatically creates and goes to new homescreen. apps should go to current or last screen available, only create new one when no more space on existing screens
please fix this
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules