Open the left

Report Bugs Here

[Copy link]
donlotario Post time 2017-07-09 17:47:29 | Show all posts

Tethering bug and ¡Whats the hell with Vernee!!!

Edited by donlotario at 2017-07-09 21:05

I don't know what is happening with this brand.

I had a Vernee Thor (not E) with a bug in thethering wich Vernee never solved.

It was stoled so I boght a new Vernee Thor E (instead a Xiaomi REDMI f.e., big bug, as I view now). I thought that this new model could became without bugs.

So, yesterday I did all OTA updates (3 of them) and checked the wifi tethering. It doesn´t work!!!!

Today I´m reading this forum looking for a solution and I can´t believe it!!!! Compass lost, wifi tethering, auto screen bright, bugs and more bugs  

And what about a easy solution as a downgrade from their web? Nothing!!! I really don't understand. Are you learning how the phone works with the buyers problems??

When we bought a phone we want to get a solution, not a problem. And a OTA update should not be launched till is heavily tested, I think.

What kind of brand is this!!!!
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

donlotario Post time 2017-07-10 15:21:01 | Show all posts

A lot of bugs

Edited by donlotario at 2017-07-10 15:23

Of course.

After reading this forum looking for a solution to my tethering problem, I tested my phone and I've found all the bugs wich are described here.

-Compass lost.
-Auto screen bright: No matter if you hidde the sensor or put a light over. Bright doesn`t change. It seems as if the phone has no sensor at all.
-Audio left channel doesn't play on rear speaker.
-And my tethering problem is the same as I had with my old Thor. If you enable tethering, phone turn it on ok. Then wifi hotspot is enabled and it could be reached by my computer. My computer connect ok to phone wifi hotspot (with or without password and with or without default configuration). But the computer NEVER get internet access. If I do the same with another phone but with the same SIM card and APN configuration, it works fine. If I test the phone with another SIM card from the same provider or from another provider, it doesn't work (I tested). It'snt a DNS problem as I asked for a IP and doesn't connect. So, itsn't a SIM card problem, itsn't a computer problem, itsn't a provider problem, nor a configuration problem. It seems to be a phone problem. And, of course, my provider allow free tethering.

I need tethering. I'll say again: I need tethering and it's a really old androind optión.

The Thor model seems to be a good quality-price option but ONLY if it works as it should. If not, it's really a very expensive option because you need to buy another phone one from another brand to get a running one.

Is there a solution for this???
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

donlotario Post time 2017-07-10 16:06:07 | Show all posts
About cleaning the sensor: No changes.

About wifi hotspot: I already have the latest software. I bought the phone the latest friday and updated software saturday afternoon. Nothing as been done in the phone but install apps from google market and restore data from google backup. Do you really think that restoring factory settings will solve the problem??

I'll try it and i'll spent a lot of my time (and good humor) to reset and restore again my phone configuration. But I bet that, at last, i'll be more angry and without tethering. (I already done this with my old Thor)

Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

donlotario Post time 2017-08-25 01:14:02 | Show all posts
Edited by donlotario at 2017-08-25 23:39
Ricasete replied at 2017-08-24 21:59
I´ve bought a Thor E for my son to play pokemon. What a waste of money.

The gps is a joke. A ...

No one, I think. But check for the second one THOR_E-2017_05_24 ROM here:

http://www.chinaphonearena.com/f ... -TWRP-and-Stock-Rom

And good look becuse mine doesn't turn on with this one, and the next available stock ROM doesn't have compass. But I've found a solution: Install the 2017/06/15 as firmware update, turn on the phone (it works), turn off and then install 2015/05/24 ROM but with the "download only" instead the "firmware update" and WITHOUT CHECK the preloader option. Mine seems work fine (even compass if you calibrate it by drawingg like a 8 with the phone for some seconds) and ill' test it nexte days. I hope that helps.

It could be great if Vernee enginers upload a flasheable ROM from 2017/05/24 so the buyers could have a usable phone.

Comments

Thanks for your support. Maybe Vernee can read your comment.  Details Reply Post time 2017-08-26 03:40
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules