Open the left

Pictures of broken screens

[Copy link]
 Author| giumauro Post time 2016-06-14 23:22:40 | Show all posts
verneeopinion replied at 2016-06-14 23:14
I see a video in which it mistreats the phone and nothing happens. And I think I'm not careful, this ...

Totally agree with you.
Moreover, i never put a cover on my previous phones and never got a broken or scratched screen.
All of them where Gorilla Glass and i bought them for their real hardness.

A screen that get scratched in a pocket is not Gorilla Glass. And that is sure.
So please, all peoples defending Vernee, suth up because we all have been cheated by this company. And i'm spreading this around the more i can because i don't want other peoples to be cheated.
I reported this on Apollo Light forum too but Vernee's moderator removed my post.
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Desiato Post time 2016-06-14 23:39:16 | Show all posts
Edited by Desiato at 2016-06-14 23:40

Oh dear Nick, you do like to talk yourself into a cul-de-sac don't you? "Oh, and some of you claim that because the brand shows that their device surives a few drop tests, it means you can do same? Lol, welcome to the real world... Same as when you see a magician playing on TV with fire doesn't mean you should do same at home."

That's got to be the stupidest thing I've read for some time. So using your analogy, how would you like it if you bought a pressure cooker that said it could take pressure up to 30psi but in fact exploded at that pressure? Or how about a microwave that said it could operate at 900 watts but if you operated it at that level, it exploded? (I like explosions me). Would you just shrug your shoulders and say "Oh well, welcome to real world! just because a manufacturer says it will do something doesn't mean it actually will, silly me!"

You really don't get the point about Vernee demonstrating their phone being dropped form 1.5m and being run over by a car do you? They do it to demonstrate how tough the phone is but if it is incapable of surviving these acts then they are in breach of the trade descriptions act. Now they don't really care about that because China operates very differently to the western world and is quite happy to sell fake and dangerous products (as I'm sure you know) so its up to us to point out their misleading marketing to stop others falling for the lies.

Nice swerve from the "kind of person" comment but naaah, fail. There are careless people who will use their phone as a hammer (Vernee do by the way) and there will be people like me who have always had a case, always careful where I place the phone, always making sure I don't sit down with it in my back pocket (and it still looks brand new 5 years later).... yet I'm still capable of picking up my phone and it slipping from my grasp once every 5 years or so. That's because I'm a human being and not a robot that never does anything wrong, ever, not once, ever. You are in a minority of 1, most people have dropped their phone or had it slip from their grasp at some point in their lives, sorry but that's a fact. That's why phone manufacturers are trying to make their phones as bullet proof as possible.

I would love to continue this childish debate (no I wouldn't really, I was being ironic....look it up) but I've got better things to do. As it happens, I bought the phone from a seller on Ebay who agreed that it was not fit for purpose and has refunded me. So is he the silly one or does he appreciate that if a product claims to do something and then can't, it's covered by the guarantee?

I'll leave you to decide.
Just my tuppance
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

Nick Post time 2016-06-15 15:31:26 | Show all posts
Edited by Nick at 2016-06-15 15:32

FYI, I do own a multimedia shop, selling thousands of phones & tablets from all brands (mostly chinese) every year. I've already sold dozens & dozens of Thor phones in the past 2 months. Guess what? Believe it or not (well, obviously, you would doubt my words anyway) but not even a customer came back to me for a defect on any of the Thor phones I sold, nor for any cracked screen. This phone is truly a gift from the gods for any shop selling phones, at least for mine...

Maybe all my customers are "the type of people that treat their phone nicely", but I seriously doubt it, when I see all the cracked & broken screens I got on so many other phones from so many other brands like Ulefone, Elephone, Star, Doogee, LeTV, Homtom, Umi, and many more.

This is my absolute personal opinion, but I think this phone is very well made, of good quality, and definitely remarkable for the price. I'm not asking any of you to share my opinion, this is why a forum like this exists, as we can all share our (different) opinions & (different) experiences with electronics in general, and this phone in particular.

And no need to talk to me in such a condescending way, please.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| giumauro Post time 2016-06-15 18:07:08 | Show all posts
Nick replied at 2016-06-15 15:31
FYI, I do own a multimedia shop, selling thousands of phones & tablets from all brands (mostly chine ...

I'm in  "the type of people that treat their phone nicely", never tried a drop test, neither a scratch test. But my Thor's glass got broken at the first impact on the floor, from a very low hight (about 0,5 meters).
Hope non of your customers will come back with a broken glass because no replacement is available on the market and Vernee does not give any information about this.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Nick Post time 2016-06-15 18:42:27 | Show all posts
You were not lucky on that one, and I feel sorry for you. Maybe Vernee does not give any information about this because it is something that only the reseller can provide? If your reseller cannot provide any replacement part, then they are just clearly unprofessional
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| giumauro Post time 2016-06-15 20:55:43 | Show all posts
Nick replied at 2016-06-15 18:42
You were not lucky on that one, and I feel sorry for you. Maybe Vernee does not give any information ...

Here it is:

Dear Giuseppe,

Thank you for leaving a message. We wish to apologize for any inconvenience.

We are so sorry that we can not offer you the screen alone for supplier's issues.
We suggest you ask others around you to repair it if it can be operated normally.
Otherwise you can buy a new one.
Thank you for your patience and kind support.

Best regards
Arlene
Gearbest Customer Service
http://www.gearbest.com/
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

nianoniano Post time 2016-06-16 02:51:29 | Show all posts
Fall from 80 cms:

Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Nigel2610 Post time 2016-06-16 03:13:14 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
My screen has cracked also, first screen on one of my phones I have broken and the annoying thing is I didn't drop it as it happened in my pocket. The video makes it worse as it shows it being dropped, breaking walnuts and a car driving over it. Should be safe in my pocket I would have thought. Also the reason I haven't got a protective case on it is because I am waiting for my case to be sent to me still. It was a gamble to try your company and at first I was happy but on now I am not so sure . I did want to buy the appolo when it came out but the problem with the glass screen has put me off and that is a shame as I was looking forward to it. Very dissapointed .

Comments

Photo please.  Post time 2016-06-16 18:09
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Nick Post time 2016-06-16 07:10:54 | Show all posts
A professional reseller is able to get your phone back after you send it to him/her, and send your devce to the factory for repair. GearBest is just a joke, or they simply don't want to waste efforts/time/money to help, which is, either way, very unprofessional from them.

This is sometimes the problem when buying online, we all know this; we pay the cheapest price, but we cannot expect the best service.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| giumauro Post time 2016-06-16 15:23:04 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Nick replied at 2016-06-16 07:10
A professional reseller is able to get your phone back after you send it to him/her, and send your d ...

If the reseller can't help me, Vernee should. I'm only asking for a replacement screen at the moment. I want my phone to be usable again.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules