Open the left

Jack Plug with Bad Connection

[Copy link]
rvn1010 Post time 2016-06-22 02:25:33 | Show all posts |Read mode
Recently my thor audio jack plug is only giving some parts of the sound of music. I checked with other pair of earphones and the problem persists. Then i tried to press the jack pluged into it and if i press the jack inward the sound returns, but when i let go, the sound goes away.I only use in the phone a pair of xiaomi piston 3 earphones and a pair of sony mdr7506 headphones. so it is not because of quality of what i use.

This unit has only 1 month, and already has problems. I am very unsatisfied with this.
Any advice??
I would apreciate an aswer from Vernee as well.

Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

Gold Post time 2017-04-30 04:55:15 | Show all posts
Repaired mine 10 months old Thor in 10 mins thanks to this thread.
Thanks for the help.
Some greetz to vernee  .I.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

alphatango Post time 2016-07-25 02:29:17 | Show all posts
Thanks to this thread I successfully repaired the headphone jack.
I used the teardown video to remove the top circuit board, and used a pointed soldering iron to melt again the solder on the middle tabs. For me it was not necessary to apply additional solder, I just applied force to the middle tabs with the soldering iron.
You need to remove the circuit board to get access to the underneath tab.
Definitely a manufacturing fault as there was almost no solder to the middle tabs at all, andno response to this thread from Vernee.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| rvn1010 Post time 2016-06-23 21:58:10 | Show all posts
Dempsey replied at 2016-06-22 15:44
Please check if you completely insert or not ? before I also have the this  issue. now this already  ...

yes i triple checked that....and with diferent headphones
i really think a connector got loose
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

vig61 Post time 2016-06-22 03:09:54 | Show all posts
Edited by vig61 at 2016-07-25 12:43

Этот вопрос обсуждался на 4pda российском форуме. Вот ссылка: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=732899&st=1980
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

freedgt Post time 2016-06-22 02:54:14 | Show all posts
Edited by freedgt at 2016-06-28 06:48

idem 1 week device,  bad build jack

Comments

Yes, my device has 1 month os use, and jack is broken.... poor queality. Vernee don't say anything. BAD!  Details Reply Post time 2016-07-27 03:34
share is civilization
civilization is culture
Culture is for everyone
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Chasnik Post time 2016-06-22 03:40:56 | Show all posts
Suddenly, my FM radio does not work
It semms antenna has not suitable conection

The only way it Works is pressing the Jack inward... and keep it pressed

However playing mp3, audio Jack has not problem

Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Dempsey Post time 2016-06-22 15:44:55 | Show all posts
Please check if you completely insert or not ? before I also have the this  issue. now this already fix.

Comments

yes i triple checked that....and with diferent headphones i really think a connector got loose  Details Reply Post time 2016-06-23 21:58
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| rvn1010 Post time 2016-06-24 01:20:53 | Show all posts
vig61 replied at 2016-06-22 03:09
This issue was discussed at 4PDA Russian forum . Here the link : http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show ...

this was very helpful! thank you!
there was a cold joint in one of the pins and it probably cracked. That is why i could still have full sound if i exerted some force on the jack.

I resoldered all pins just to be sure and now it is fixed!!!!!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

tadzik21 Post time 2016-06-25 17:57:08 | Show all posts
So resoldere will help, how with warranty?

Comments

warranty is kind of useless for these small things in my opinion... just the time you need to send the phone, wait for repair and then they re-send the phone... i need the phone!! and my reseller i  Details Reply Post time 2016-06-25 21:05
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| rvn1010 Post time 2016-06-25 21:05:14 | Show all posts
tadzik21 replied at 2016-06-25 17:57
So resoldere will help, how with warranty?

warranty is kind of useless for these small things in my opinion... just the time you need to send the phone, wait for repair and then they re-send the phone... i need the phone!!

and my reseller is gearbest...great prices and shipping service, but... the feedback on aftersale service is scary.

if you still want to open the phone and not void warranty, just be very careful with the warranty seals. use some tweezers to take them of and put them back when you finish

i only stumbled on one seal on the bottom right screw of the case. it is a white sticker with a red 'V'.
and i used their famous Disassembly/Teardown video to open the phone without problems.
very clean engineering by the way
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Gello Post time 2016-06-27 23:55:07 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I've some problem !! In my headphone i listen a insidious  noise! I

Comments

well, as i said, you could send for repair, ask for refund or try to solve it yourself.. or try a repair store nearby. i got a partial refund from gearbest and i repair it myself  Details Reply Post time 2016-06-29 02:04
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules