Open the left

Jack Plug with Bad Connection

[Copy link]
rvn1010 Post time 2016-06-22 02:25:33 | Show all posts |Read mode
Recently my thor audio jack plug is only giving some parts of the sound of music. I checked with other pair of earphones and the problem persists. Then i tried to press the jack pluged into it and if i press the jack inward the sound returns, but when i let go, the sound goes away.I only use in the phone a pair of xiaomi piston 3 earphones and a pair of sony mdr7506 headphones. so it is not because of quality of what i use.

This unit has only 1 month, and already has problems. I am very unsatisfied with this.
Any advice??
I would apreciate an aswer from Vernee as well.

Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

Author| rvn1010 Post time 2016-07-25 02:35:37 | Show all posts
alphatango replied at 2016-07-25 02:29
Thanks to this thread I successfully repaired the headphone jack.
I used the teardown video to remo ...

im glad it helped others!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| rvn1010 Post time 2016-07-20 07:09:06 | Show all posts
Colbert replied at 2016-07-19 10:32
Have the same issue with mine,the middle parts as indicated are loose which is caused speaker abnorm ...

thanks for the photos.

thats is exactly what i did with mine. worked like a charm
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| rvn1010 Post time 2016-07-20 02:53:57 | Show all posts
Colbert replied at 2016-07-19 10:43
The middle parts as indicated are loose which is caused speaker abnormal ,do the resolder will be wo ...

exactly the problem i had and that is how i solved it! Thanks for the photos
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| rvn1010 Post time 2016-07-06 22:59:21 | Show all posts
atschi replied at 2016-07-06 22:29
Hi there!
So for you a soldered connection got loose and you only had to resolder it again? You d ...

yes,
just to be sure, i resoldered all the connectors from both sides of the mainboard.
it was kinda sloppy the soldering job from factory

about the jack, the pins were fine. i thought about it to, and tried to find jacks just to be sure, but couldnt find any  i was 100% sure could fit.
and in the end it wasnt necessary in my case
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| rvn1010 Post time 2016-06-29 02:06:43 | Show all posts
dyln_klbld replied at 2016-06-28 14:28
Got exactly the same problem. Checked 4 pairs of headphones. Music sounds like echo

that was exactly it!

if you are not comfortable repairing yourself you could try a repair shop nearby you.
i got a partial refund from gearbest and repaired it myself.
you can also send for repair with warranty or ask for full refund
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| rvn1010 Post time 2016-06-29 02:04:05 | Show all posts
Gello replied at 2016-06-27 23:55
I've some problem !! In my headphone i listen a insidious  noise! I

well, as i said, you could send for repair, ask for refund or try to solve it yourself.. or try a repair store nearby.

i got a partial refund from gearbest and i repair it myself
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| rvn1010 Post time 2016-06-25 21:05:14 | Show all posts
tadzik21 replied at 2016-06-25 17:57
So resoldere will help, how with warranty?

warranty is kind of useless for these small things in my opinion... just the time you need to send the phone, wait for repair and then they re-send the phone... i need the phone!!

and my reseller is gearbest...great prices and shipping service, but... the feedback on aftersale service is scary.

if you still want to open the phone and not void warranty, just be very careful with the warranty seals. use some tweezers to take them of and put them back when you finish

i only stumbled on one seal on the bottom right screw of the case. it is a white sticker with a red 'V'.
and i used their famous Disassembly/Teardown video to open the phone without problems.
very clean engineering by the way
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| rvn1010 Post time 2016-06-24 01:20:53 | Show all posts
vig61 replied at 2016-06-22 03:09
This issue was discussed at 4PDA Russian forum . Here the link : http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show ...

this was very helpful! thank you!
there was a cold joint in one of the pins and it probably cracked. That is why i could still have full sound if i exerted some force on the jack.

I resoldered all pins just to be sure and now it is fixed!!!!!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| rvn1010 Post time 2016-06-23 21:58:10 | Show all posts
Dempsey replied at 2016-06-22 15:44
Please check if you completely insert or not ? before I also have the this  issue. now this already  ...

yes i triple checked that....and with diferent headphones
i really think a connector got loose

Comments

Yes, definavilety you are right, very poor quality.  Details Reply Post time 2016-08-20 22:13
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules