Open the left

Jack Plug with Bad Connection

[Copy link]
rvn1010 Post time 2016-06-22 02:25:33 | Show all posts |Read mode
Recently my thor audio jack plug is only giving some parts of the sound of music. I checked with other pair of earphones and the problem persists. Then i tried to press the jack pluged into it and if i press the jack inward the sound returns, but when i let go, the sound goes away.I only use in the phone a pair of xiaomi piston 3 earphones and a pair of sony mdr7506 headphones. so it is not because of quality of what i use.

This unit has only 1 month, and already has problems. I am very unsatisfied with this.
Any advice??
I would apreciate an aswer from Vernee as well.

Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

alphatango Post time 2016-07-25 02:29:17 | Show all posts
Thanks to this thread I successfully repaired the headphone jack.
I used the teardown video to remove the top circuit board, and used a pointed soldering iron to melt again the solder on the middle tabs. For me it was not necessary to apply additional solder, I just applied force to the middle tabs with the soldering iron.
You need to remove the circuit board to get access to the underneath tab.
Definitely a manufacturing fault as there was almost no solder to the middle tabs at all, andno response to this thread from Vernee.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

alphatango Post time 2016-07-20 06:43:08 | Show all posts
Colbert replied at 2016-07-19 10:32
Have the same issue with mine,the middle parts as indicated are loose which is caused speaker abnorm ...

Great post thank you very much. I will try this and report if successful or not. By the way Gearbest will not offer refund if phone is older than 45 days. The best they offer me was 12 USD - thanks Gearbest.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

alphatango Post time 2016-07-16 03:33:00 | Show all posts
same issue here. headphone jack makes a clicking noise and faint echo. not impressed with vernee thor
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules