12Next
Return to list New
Open the left

Vernee thor GPS problem

[Copy link]
gideonnadar Post time 2016-07-03 03:30:00 From the mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode
I have noticed that while using Gmaps it keeps on searching for GPS
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

Author| gideonnadar Post time 2016-07-03 03:32:23 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
My android one mobile is working fine. Someone facing the same problem
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Simojo1 Post time 2016-07-03 20:47:22 | Show all posts
use an android gps fix app
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

JavitxuFilms Post time 2016-07-03 23:53:06 | Show all posts
Buenos dias
Tengo el mismo problema con el GPS. La localizacion en estatico funciona correctamente. El problema es al utilizar navegadores para rutas, tanto en coche, andando o en bici. Se descoloca y crea un caos a la hora de seguir sus indicaciones.
Esto ocurre desde la segunda actuaizacion que le hice desde que me lo compre.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Vovan Post time 2016-07-05 04:45:20 | Show all posts
The same problem, can not find decisions
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| gideonnadar Post time 2016-07-05 10:51:43 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Tried GPS fix apps but no use
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

rramalho Post time 2016-07-06 00:38:48 | Show all posts
The GPS doesn′t work smootlhy . Using google maps or other software that need GPS the phone will get gps fix after a while but won′t update it′s position after that.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Hambones500 Post time 2016-07-08 09:54:40 | Show all posts

Rough comparison of GPS of unboxed Thor with old Huawei 550

Edited by Hambones500 at 2016-07-15 18:11
celine replied at 2016-06-22 14:35
Dear All,

Refer to GPS function usage of Vernee Thor ,for your information ,the first time you us ...

The GPS is very poor on my phone and I am wondering if it is in fact a defective-on-arrival unit - I did a rough comparison of the GPS location shown by the Thor with my old Huawei y550 - the Huawei was a very budget phone 2 years ago but the gps is stable, unlike the vernee it is in direct comparison with here:

Is this behaviour normal or a malfunctioning unit I should return to the vendor, Vernee?
I used the latest OTA update and went out in my back garden (shading the phone screens) -
The video is shot over a few days, I have tried various fixes but the basic problem persists - this is not a first-time-use, but I think I am sending it back as malfunctioning. You can see the vernee blue-spot GPS location apparently wanders across my neighbours house into the next house along and across the road, and zips back and forth while I sit on a wall in my back garden holding both phones quite still. Very dissappointing, Should I return it as DOA,  Vernee?
Edit: Following suggestions by the vendor, I checked the settings for GPS location mode (it had been on high accuracy anyway) and reinstalled maps (version 9.18.2 to 9.31.3)- problem still the same. Same problem on HERE maps, so google maps not at fault. "GPS test" shows similar satellites to another phone and the indicated "accuracy" good - but that is only based on satellite signals - the problem is the indicated position on the map varies unacceptably - when in one position, good day, not built up, the GPS location on map wanders over the area, and bears no relation to the "accuracy" indicated on "GPStest"; the indicated location of the GPS varies over the map (google/HERE, etc.. I think the unit is faulty? - perhaps the ariel, I don't know.

A week after posting this: no response at all from vernee or vernee service email speaks volumes about their expectations of GPS performance. If this mismatch between indicated map location and real position is expected by them, you know what you should expect from the Thor GPS. Forget about "GPS test accuracy", that's a mathematical indication of variance or precision, it's not a reality check of real accuracy; its not a comparison between reality and system output. See GPS GPS Position Accuracy Measures
for the distinction between precision (a mathematical variable, as calculated by GPS testing software) vs accuracy (as indicated by comparing system output with real position - i.e. a human comparing where you actually are vs where the GPS indicates you are on a software map such as Google Maps). Forget about using Navigate software to do that - Navigate will try to reconcile GPS output with some possible route you might be on and confound your indicated GPS position. Use your indicated position on a GPS map, hit your location target icon, zoom in and compare the indicated dot to where you actually are. Estimate how many metres it is from you, that's your real GPS system accuracy.

If your Thor accuracy is better than my one, if you can look at your static position indicated on a map by the GPS and look around and confirm the output as accurate, think yourself lucky.  I'm going to return the unit I was sent as defective.

Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

drjones76 Post time 2016-07-18 16:32:36 | Show all posts
Hi

Exactly the same issue for me. All is working well on my new Thor except GPS.
My Thor cannot fix any satellite. On several apps used to fix GPS, the mobile "sees" some sats but is unable to fix. I tried to let it run under a clear sky during 1 hour...no luck.
The GPS chip seems to be OK on various diag apps.
I tried to delete and download GPS data several times on various apps.
I tried a factory reset and to perform a positionning test bafore installing any app....no way.
Any idea?
PS: my localisation is France
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

tyrex Post time 2016-07-23 02:28:17 | Show all posts
Noticed the same in my Thor... Apart from this the phone is working fine, I hope it's a fixable software issue... Can we expect an official reply?
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules