Open the left

Integrated SDCARD Space issues

[Copy link]
Pjg_pigeon Post time 2016-07-03 16:15:11 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi

I have integrated my 32gb SDCARD into internal memory, the system reports correctly that 20+ gb unused. However if I try to copy 8gb of Music via ES Explorer it report "insufficient space" to copy files.

Anyone have any ideas please?
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

Zackbum Post time 2016-07-04 10:16:13 | Show all posts
Pjg_pigeon replied at 2016-07-03 21:05
Tried a couple of other file apps but no joy either they all only report 4gb free of 11gb.

Pretty ...

You do not only have to format as internal storage, you also have to migrate data from "oldstyle" internal to sd card (called adoptable storage). To do this go to settings/Storage & USB and click on internal storage (the 11GB stufff). There you will have a setting called "Migrate data" or something like that (sorry, my settings are in german language, therefore it is just an educated guess). When you have clicked this setting, lots of data gets migrated to the adopted storage and from that moment on Android will do it automatically.

Good luck!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Morphau Post time 2017-07-04 19:21:04 | Show all posts
Hi, i have same issue, i try different format for this sd card, still stuck on 20% and then error, can't erase card for internal storage, why ???
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Morphau Post time 2017-06-25 17:50:46 | Show all posts
Hi, i am stuck on 20% with internal storage format for an Samsung 64G, any idea please ?
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Pjg_pigeon Post time 2016-07-04 11:10:20 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Its now copying my music, I moved apps to internal, formatted it, made card internal storage, migrated data. Thanks again
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| Pjg_pigeon Post time 2016-07-03 21:05:52 | Show all posts
Tried a couple of other file apps but no joy either they all only report 4gb free of 11gb.

Pretty sure sdcard was converted from portable 2 internal in the phone

Comments

You do not only have to format as internal storage, you also have to migrate data from "oldstyle" internal to sd card (called adoptable storage). To do this got to settings/Storage & USB and click on  Details Reply Post time 2016-07-04 10:16
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

billouetaudrey Post time 2016-07-03 17:36:54 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hi, do you try to format the sdcard with your Thor ? Try with another file explorer
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules