12Next
Return to list New
Open the left

Battery over-heating

[Copy link]
valenino Post time 2016-07-27 17:34:24 | Show all posts |Read mode
Since couple of weeks I have been receiving message from the phone that the battery is over-heating. I do not have any games on my phone and the over-heating message often comes up even when the phone is not being used or I am just listening to music. If I do not turn my phone-off, the phone goes in a restart cycle until such time that the phone cools down.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

arianpham Post time 2019-07-05 11:14:21 | Show all posts
Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.
hotmail entrar
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

annashetty Post time 2019-07-01 12:30:25 | Show all posts
Thanks for posting the simply amazing article.  
cool math run 3
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

FrancisDickers Post time 2019-06-12 12:52:55 | Show all posts
Here are a few very simple ways to fix the hot situation you can apply:
Restart
In addition to rebooting, you can also lock the screen, turn off 3G, Wifi and completely not use the phone for a few minutes.

life the game
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

starchaser Post time 2019-04-29 18:27:04 | Show all posts
@Bastien

I don't think you are listening to the posters.

The issue is not overheating it seems to be with the overheat detection. I put a battery monitor on my thor and at random intervals the battery temp shot up from 30 degrees (C) to 59 degrees (C) and then switched off. This was in less than a second and with only minimal apps installed. The phone felt COLD to touch. Even a cpu dump using adb shell /system/bin/dumpsys cpuinfo during the overheat cycle revealed nothing suspicious.

This is a serious problem that needs fixing.

What I don't get is why this phone has gotten good reviews and why a reviewer hsan't picked up on this issue yet.

Note: I also have a very old samsung phone (one of the early galaxy series) and this has NO OVERHEATING ISSUES. Despite having a custom android 7.0 rom on it and being overloaded with apps.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

brituk Post time 2019-04-12 00:23:35 | Show all posts
I have exactly the same problem. Only I bought my phone in november.

It is not rooted.

It is running Android 7.0, Security Patch LEvel 5 Nov 2017. Build number is alps-p-n0.mp1-V1.0.2_nb6753.66.n_P55

It has been working fine for months but now at random intervals the battery temperature suddenly rises rapidly to about 58 degrees C and then the phone shuts off. This seems to happen randomly and is associated with a CPU temperature rise but not as quick a rise as battery temperature.

I have monitored running apps and I've stripped the phone down to basics when this happens I can't see any apps running that might be the main cause of the problem.

I've tried using background freezing apps like greenify to alieviate the problem but they don't seem to work.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can diagnose which apps might be causing this issue or how I can stop an app from triggering via intents and ONLY run when I want it to and not when Android wants it to. Alternatively is there any non-root way of throttling CPU or stopping a few of the 8 cores so that the CPU doesn't run hot?

I've googled this issue. A few people have it. No-one is providing a decent solution other than the jackhammer one of a factory reset. I don't want to do that I have a 128GB sd card configured for adoptable storage and although most of it is already backed up, a hard reset and restore would be a long and painful process for me. I'm also not convinced that a factory reset will solve the issue.

There seems to be absolutely no reason for the battery to suddenly incerase in temperature.

Today the thing has been off for 30 minutes and I still can't turn it back on.

I'm surprised with all the online reviews raving about this phone that the reveiwers themselves have not picked up on what is an obviously severe fault.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

fuffa Post time 2016-09-17 23:37:32 | Show all posts
Hello, i'm experiencing exactly the same issue of Valenino. i get the overtemperature message and some time later the phone turns off suddenly. The case is not hot, and it happens with no apparent connection to any running app. It can happen when the phone is in charge and it gets stuck in a boot loop that discharge the battery instead of charging. the only fix is to force-reboot the phone few times by pressing the power button long enough to simulate a battery disconnection. when it cools down then finally it is able to reboot. Otherwise it dont get past the Vernee logo screen. This way the phone is not reliable anymore and i'm forced to use another. Sometime it takes 10 forced reboots to be able to load the OS. My phone runs no games and it's not overloaded with apps. I have 2 SIMS and one 64 GB SD memory in it. removing the SIMs or the SD has no effect on the boot loop.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

pakorro Post time 2016-09-14 00:24:27 | Show all posts
Hello,
I already posted the same issue some days ago and I  am getting more and more battery messages from day to day.
Today I have noticed that I got the overheat message when the phone is not hot, I touched the battery and it was could, but I can not power on the phone, so I put it in from of the car air conditioned conduct where I now that the air is 15oC, after 5 minutes I was able to power on the phone without any problem, and I checked that temoerature on battery sensor was 15oC. I did not use the phone during the following 10 minutes and it was in stand by, after that I checked no applications were running in background and the battery temperature displayed with "droid info" was 55oC, but the battery was could and after some minutes the messages appeared againg and the phone switched off itself.
So based on this experiment I think that some bug is on the software management battery sensor which has been introduced on the 5 OTA

I hope Vernee team analizes the problem and provide a fix because at this moment the phone can not be used

Thks.
Paco
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

pakorro Post time 2016-09-14 00:12:32 | Show all posts
Bastien replied at 2016-09-06 12:42
Honestly, I don't think there's a problem.  Newer phones, with more powerful processors and function ...

Sorry Bastien,
I do not agree with your comments, it is a real problem which started with 5o OTA in my case as you can see in post: http://bbs.vernee.cc/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1153 .
It is true that some phones get warm when you are intensively using but this is not the case of the problem, because Thor gets hot being in stand bye and suddenly it power off itself and you need to wait until it gets could before powering on again.

There are several messages on the forum but none answer from Vernee making users unhappy

Rgds
Paco
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Yohmm Post time 2016-09-10 23:45:16 | Show all posts
Hi.

I do have this strange problem. It occurs from time to time and sometimes all day long.
I tried to monitor it, and it does not seems to have any logic...

Whenever my battery goes up like that, processors doesn't exceed 45%, nor did the RAM...

It sometimes stop when I randomly start an app, but generally shut down by itself and I need to wait at least 10 minutes before switching it on again.

It started the day after I update to the 5th Thor update.

I tried to contact the support. Didn't had any reply yet...

I factory reseted it twice already. Without changes.
I am looking for a downgrade, but I don't know if it is a good idea, neither it will work. Nor did I found a proper rom to do it.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules