Open the left

[List] Apollo Lite: Bugs, Issues & Problems

[Copy link]
JP_PT Post time 2016-08-08 09:09:38 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by JP_PT at 2016-08-10 23:09

▶  List of bugs, issues and problems detected on Apollo Lite:

• ● Cannot take Google Photospheres, neither via the app Google Street View application nor via Google Camera application;
  • Google Camera app, force closed upon switching from Photosphere to regular camera mode or video mode;
  • ● Notification sound -> Nearby open WiFi networks available: Notification - Even if turned off it stills notify the user. Cannot disable it.
  • ● Waze app is killed upon screen lock, despite no other apps running. The system is killing the app (as a matter of fact all apps that use GPS and high demand of location services are being killed a couple of minutes after screen lock/sleep mode). They should stay alive, unless the user kills them. (Reason to want a GPS based app running on the background: receive audio alerts, save battery with screen off).
  • ● Hall sensor: cannot disable it. Reason: magnetic holder on a car mount system forces the Apollo Lite to lock the screen on Hall mode (just the clock visible) and I cannot use any GPS/drive assist app. Also it does not work properly with Virtual Reality/Cardboard type of viewers that have a magnetic type of button to command the VR. Instead of VR videos or apps we get the Hall screen as the system detects the magnetic button as a case cover.
  • ● Settings -> Backup and restore: Cannot set my Google account. System is backing up to debug-only private cache. (Even after factory reset the issue persists)
  • ● Missing the the 4K@30fps and 1080p@60fps video recording options. (It was available before the last OTA firmware upgrade).
  • ● Bluetooth: should not be always visible once enabled. For battery saving purpose and security sake there should be available an option to disable BT visibility and/or time driven.
  • ● Bluetooth: Paired device (headset/hands-free) gets disconnected upon screen lock if no app is using it. BT stand-by mode is not working properly when Apollo Lite goes into sleep mode.
  • ● Some users reported (-> on another post in the forum) issues with 2G/3G.

------------ List UPDATED based on follow up posts: ---------

• ● YouTube App doesn't show 60fps videos. All Videos uploaded in 50 or 60fps are only available in 480p, 30fps videos are available in 720p and 1080p.
    [OP side note: AFAIK this is more dependent on the app, meaning that YouTube will have to enable Apollo Lite on the supported devices; the way to report it is on the YouTube Google forum. Rooted devices can bypass this app restriction by editing the build.prop and changing the ro.product.model=XXXXX to a known compatible device,]
  • ● Search bar on home screen cannot be hidden without using different launcher app.
  • ● Long press "Home" virtual button does not allow Google Now voice search.
  • ● MediaTek ClearMotion™ is not enabled.
    [Note: since we have no official root access, yet, I believe that persist.sys.display.clearMotion= is set to 0. Also doing some tests via the EngMode and performing a ClearMotion Demo=1, and after playing a sample video (using HW decoder on MX player) does not split the screen, so ClearMotion is not enabled. Update: Fixing for rooted devices: on ->post #7 on this topic by @bosstom. FYI: Root & CWM topic is ->HERE ]
  • Android display dithering disabled (I do not get it why) which causing background banding. For rooted users change it in the build.prop to
    persist.sys.use_dithering=1 [From: post #7]

• Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep (Always, Only when plugged in; Never) is always on despite the options used. [From post #8]

• Launcher3 (default launcher): text/name on apps icons are being wrapped when inside a homescreen folder. -> More details on post #11. Does not occur with other launchers.

▶  Feature enhancements: (More enhancements requests on this other -> Topic)

Double tap to awake: enable it by default (without need to root);
Disabling Fast Charging: fast charging generates extra heat, which is normal; Because of that we should have an option to use normal charging method and disable fast charging, if/when we don't need/want it.

▶  Tips and tricks:

Show embedded battery percentage on the notification bar: No root is need. Just Google for "System Ui Tuner" and you will find that option; it is hidden on Android 6. Basically long press the gear icon on the top of the quick settings (swipe TWO fingers from the top of the screen to get the quick settings from the notification area), when you see a pop-up message saying: "Congrats! System UI Tuner has been added to Settings." you can release the gear icon. Then go to the Settings app, and "System Ui Tuner" will be the last option, after about the phone. Then just enable Show embedded battery percentage. Et voilà ;)

[  p.s.- Editing and formatting on this new forum skin is a nightmare. I sincerely hope that all Vernee's tech resources are working on firmware and coding, which would explain this very poor forum, otherwise I would be worried... If you cannot set your living room properly how can you set the devices you are selling?!?!  ]

I will try to keep this first post updated. Thanks for posting your suggestions too!
Edit: updated up to post #11

Use magic Report

berrieberrie Post time 2016-08-09 05:30:22 | Show all posts
Good work JP_PT !
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

bosstom Post time 2016-08-09 16:41:45 | Show all posts
Couple of additional items:
Android dispaly dithering disabled (I do not get it why) which causing background banding. For rooted users change it in the build.prop to
persist.sys.use_dithering=1

Clear motion could be tried out after adding this to build.prop:
persist.sys.display.clearMotion=1
persist.clearMotion.fblevel.nrm=255
persist.clearMotion.fblevel.bdr=255
ro.mtk_clearmotion_support=1
ro.mtk_slow_motion_support=1
ro.mtk_16x_slowmotion_support=1
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Moessie900 Post time 2016-08-08 09:27:43 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Also, i can't delete multiple contacts at the same. Software bug? Same issue with 2/3G.. Hoping for double tap!!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| JP_PT Post time 2016-08-08 09:40:05 | Show all posts
Moessie900 replied at 2016-08-08 01:27
Also, i can't delete multiple contacts at the same. Software bug? Same issue with 2/3G.. Hoping for  ...

Where are your contacts stored? Google account? Phone internal storage?
I can delete multiple contacts (linked to the Google account): Contacts -> long press one contact -> Check box appear -> select the contacts -> touch the 3 vertical dots on the top right -> Delete.

Use magic Report

gamerpaddy Post time 2016-08-08 10:16:40 | Show all posts
Edited by gamerpaddy at 2016-08-08 10:21

1. Youtube App doesnt show 60fps videos. All Videos uploaded in 50 or 60fps are only available in 480p, 30fps videos are available in 720p and 1080p.
2. Search bar on home screen cannot be hidden without using different launcher app.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

3llawi Post time 2016-08-08 11:19:07 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
We don't have a clear motion the best feature on helio x20
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

sonik777 Post time 2016-08-09 17:40:17 | Show all posts
Hi there,

One to add to your list JP_PT,

''KEEP WIFI ON DURING SLEEP" Doesn't do anything!

When I got my Apollo lite last week I automatically went ahead and installed the latest OTA. I've noticed the 4k recording is gone but also I've noticed some battery drain in GSam due to the wifi constantly staying on, I've set it to never & only when plugged in, I've disabled Google services, I've blocked various background data and it still persists. I cant confirm if this is since the last OTA update because I hadn't tested the phone enough before with the stock rom but it can consume a fare amount of battery in standby.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Trojanere Post time 2016-08-10 03:28:39 | Show all posts
top man.. great work
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

Use magic Report

Trojanere Post time 2016-08-10 03:39:31 | Show all posts
sonik777 replied at 2016-08-09 09:40
Hi there,

One to add to your list JP_PT,

I find that enabling intelligent power saver... and optimising all apps makes the battery last a lot longer on my phone

Comments

Hi, Hey thanks for that, the battery is good even with this Wifi issue. Hopefully Vernee can look into why Google Services are keeping it alive, even though its only sending/recieving a small amoun  Details Reply Post time 2016-08-10 18:25
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules