12Next
Return to list New
Open the left

PC don't recognize phone

[Copy link]
kcvrtila Post time 2016-08-25 01:28:07 | Show all posts |Read mode
my PC don't recognize phone after install 5 OTA...what can I do...
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.

Use magic Report

Sammy Post time 2016-10-13 18:22:34 | Show all posts
Edited by Sammy at 2016-10-13 18:23

I also had problems connecting my Thor via MTP under Windows 10 but managed to solve them.

Here's what I did:

0. Connect the phone to your PC via USB. There's a new message on your phone with multiple options (charge only/MTP/PTP/...). Pick the MTP one.

1. Enable USB debugging

Settings > About Phone > Build Number
Tap the build number seven times. This will enable a new menu where you con enable USB debugging ( Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging).
Disable USB debugging later. It shouldn't be enabled permanently because in case your phone gets stolen it might make it easier for the thief to break into the phone.

2. Windows 8/10 MTP fix

This isn't a problem of the Vernee Thor, but of bad Microsoft Windows drivers. If your Windows 10 MTP (media transfer protocol) drivers are not working and Windows doesn't recognize your Android phone properly, fix them like this:

Windows > Device Manager > (find the broken Thor driver with the yellow "!") > Rightclick > Udate Driver Software > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Select your device's type from the list below > Android phone > MTP USB device

Another thing: The MTP media database sometimes doesn't seem to get updated properly, resulting in files that your PC can't see at all or that seem to have 0 byte and cannot be opened. If that happens, switching from MTP to USB storage mode and back to MTP updates the database. Or just use USB storage mode, but that will only let you access the SD card, not the phone memory.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Mr.Bolseiro Post time 2016-10-09 00:14:13 | Show all posts
Its not the thor, its win10, what you do is click right button on windows logo, choose device management, in thor click right button and click update driver, select search driver on computer, select a option to choose a driver list on computer, click next, choose the first drive and done.
This works for any device on win10.
win10 drivers sucks.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

8CoreGamer Post time 2016-08-25 01:49:12 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
You can use "USB storage" instead of "file tranfers" to copy files
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| kcvrtila Post time 2016-08-25 01:54:59 | Show all posts
Edited by kcvrtila at 2016-08-25 01:57

yes...but I can transfer only pictures...
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Author| kcvrtila Post time 2016-08-28 15:19:37 | Show all posts
I am...don't help...
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Layer Post time 2016-08-30 03:26:18 | Show all posts
I have the same problem.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Blake Post time 2016-09-30 18:11:53 | Show all posts
Maybe our device is not compatible with your  win10  64 bits.  or Other win7 to win 10 32-bit systems are compatible.
- First update your smart phone to the latest update software version.
- How about change your PC window edition ?
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

acegeezer Post time 2016-09-30 19:20:59 | Show all posts
If it is showing within the device manager, but with a yellow triangled explanation mark (Windows 10) you need to seek out and update the driver!
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Baffosam Post time 2016-10-12 22:00:50 | Show all posts
Mr.Bolseiro replied at 2016-10-09 00:14
Its not the thor, its win10, what you do is click right button on windows logo, choose device manage ...

Hi, I have probed but I don't have resolved the problem! Sorry for my english

Comments

One time I have to reboot the phone to work, change the USB port, and try again, if don't work, change de USB cable.  Details Reply Post time 2016-10-13 14:40
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Mr.Bolseiro Post time 2016-10-13 14:40:13 | Show all posts
Baffosam replied at 2016-10-12 22:00
Hi, I have probed but I don't have resolved the problem! Sorry for my english

One time I have to reboot the phone to work, change the USB port, and try again, if don't work, change de USB cable.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules