Return to list New
Open the left

PC don't recognize phone

[Copy link]
Sammy Post time 2016-10-13 18:22:34 | Show all posts
Edited by Sammy at 2016-10-13 18:23

I also had problems connecting my Thor via MTP under Windows 10 but managed to solve them.

Here's what I did:

0. Connect the phone to your PC via USB. There's a new message on your phone with multiple options (charge only/MTP/PTP/...). Pick the MTP one.

1. Enable USB debugging

Settings > About Phone > Build Number
Tap the build number seven times. This will enable a new menu where you con enable USB debugging ( Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging).
Disable USB debugging later. It shouldn't be enabled permanently because in case your phone gets stolen it might make it easier for the thief to break into the phone.

2. Windows 8/10 MTP fix

This isn't a problem of the Vernee Thor, but of bad Microsoft Windows drivers. If your Windows 10 MTP (media transfer protocol) drivers are not working and Windows doesn't recognize your Android phone properly, fix them like this:

Windows > Device Manager > (find the broken Thor driver with the yellow "!") > Rightclick > Udate Driver Software > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Select your device's type from the list below > Android phone > MTP USB device

Another thing: The MTP media database sometimes doesn't seem to get updated properly, resulting in files that your PC can't see at all or that seem to have 0 byte and cannot be opened. If that happens, switching from MTP to USB storage mode and back to MTP updates the database. Or just use USB storage mode, but that will only let you access the SD card, not the phone memory.
Quick navigation :
Report your problem of using vernee smartphone here
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Layer Post time 2016-10-14 05:10:08 | Show all posts
When I connect my Thor to PC(Windows 10) via MTP, PC recognize Thor and I can access only to SD card but not to the phone memory. Also in Thor's settings for storage offers only SD card, not the phone memory.
Is it a consequence because the SD card in my Thor works as an internal memory or problem is something else?
The same happens when I connect Thor to PC with old Windows XP and Windows 7.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts
TipsForum community will not offer after sale service . any after sale service request, please contact the reseller for immediate help .Thanks.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Sammy Post time 2016-10-14 06:10:53 | Show all posts
Edited by Sammy at 2016-10-14 06:27
Is it a consequence because the SD card in my Thor works as an internal memory

Probably. Formatting the SD card as internal memory means: the phone acts as if there's only one big virtual memory with the combined size of 16 GB internal + 64 GB SD (or whatever card you've bought). It doesn't care that there are actually 2 different types of memory in it (phone internal memory, SD card), it acts if you have one big memory.

Formatting the SD card as internal memory can have some drawbacks:
- you need a fast card (UHS-I, UHS-II) or it will slow your phone down
- the SD card content is encrypted. Good for privacy in case your phone gets stolen, but you can't open the card with any other device than your phone. If your phone gets bricked, all your data (phone memory + SD card) is lost, unless you did some backups. If your SD card becomes unreadable, all your data is lost.
- many SD cards are not as durable as the phone's internal memory. And if you'll fomat the SD card as internal memory, the phone will prefer to store its data on the card instead of the internal memory, so the SD card will get used a lot, increasing the likelyhood of errors and data loss.

I prefer to use the SD card as external memory, storing my big, but not confidential data (photos, videos, music) on the SD card.
I use the 16 GB internal memory for apps (which are quite small most of the time) and sensitive data (because the internal memory is encrypted, as said before).
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

tommy Post time 2016-10-17 15:09:55 | Show all posts
In case  you need to connect Thor /Apollo Lite  device to your Windows 10 computer in order to transfer certain files, It seems that Windows 10 doesn’t recognize the devices, so you might want to try updating your drivers. To do that, follow these steps:

1.Connect your vernee smartphone to your Windows 10 computer
2.Go CLICK computer-> administor-> device manager ,try to find ! device ,then right-click -> SELECTED updated driver, manually udpate ,and change the search path to ""C:\Windows\winsxs"

After above the portable drive is found, you may see "Can not verify this driver software publisher", please ignore this and continue to update.
Quick navigation :
THOR BUG phone posts

Use magic Report

Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules